Set-up so that next page is displayed only when all participants have completed the previous page | XM Community
Solved

Set-up so that next page is displayed only when all participants have completed the previous page

Is there a way of setting up a survey so that the next page is only displayed when all participants have completed and submitted the task on the previous page for one specific task?
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 23 August 2018, 13:31

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @Jennifer_Murray1992

Can you please let us know how are you determining all participants? Is there any number?
Hi @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam

Yes there can be any number (approximately 24-30 at a time). We are conducting experiments in classrooms with adolescents. We want to be able to verbally go through the instructions to part 2 with everyone at the same time but this can only be done when everyone has completed part 1.

Participants will have to read and sign consent forms in advance, but I suppose we will only know our exact sample when we arrive for the data collection session and see how many absentees there are.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can add quota for last question on first page. And when quota counts achieved that is all respondent calculated in part 1. You can send them retake link for part2. On part2 you can apply branch logic like quota filled and part=2.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes, you can achieve this through Quota and retake link feature.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/quotas/

- Add a Quota with those sample number
- In survey flow, show the first block if Quota is not full and at the end of the first block show a message [descriptive text], something like... Thanks for completing the first part of the survey, please look for another link to participate in another part.
- For the second part (block) add a branch logic such as if Quota is full and embedded data "Q_URL" contains "Q_R"
Retake link: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Adding to all this, you can just make end of survey elements do a custom redirect to the given retake links... this way they don't need to show them a confusing message or have then access a second link.
Thanks @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam @bansalpeeyush29 and @Akdashboard for your help with this. One other thing is, do you think this approach is feasible if my survey is by invitation only? In those instruction pages, it seems like you can only create an anonymous retake link if the survey is open access and it won't work if your survey is by invitation only?

The reason for this is that we are collecting data at two timepoints and will need to be able to link them to the correct participant. Apologies if I am missing something obvious.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
How are soliciting the survey?
In survey options, I have selected "By invitation only" . Each participant will provide an email address and the link to the survey will be sent to that email address. This will allow us to collate the data from an individual participant for each time-point. Does that answer the question?

My question is whether you can create retake links if the survey is set up like this? I.e. do re-take links always have to be "anonymous".

Thanks again!
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
hey @Jennifer_Murray1992 ,
If you are sending a survey by "By invitation only" then it cant be retake
!

Support Page
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
In survey option, please select "Open Access" and you follow the process of invitation only.
If the user has the survey URL then only they will be able to participate in the survey.
So, unless you send them the link they wont be able to participate in the survey. It is fine to keep it as "Open Access". This will give you an opportunity to utilize the "Retake link"
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
How are soliciting the survey?> @PraDeepKotian_Ugam said:
> hey @Jennifer_Murray1992 ,
> If you are sending a survey by "By invitation only" then it cant be retake
> !
>
> Support Page
>

@Jennifer_Murray1992 should still be able to create a retake link in the survey flow, even if multiple takes is disabled. Essentially each "retake" will append the previous response. It should be noted that each submission will count as a response, in the event survey quotas are a concern.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/

Leave a Reply