💫 Hidden Talents | Badge of the Month | September 2024 | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hidden Talents | September 2024

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between September 1 and September 30, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Task: Share a hobby or passion you enjoy! Whether it’s a sport, an artistic interest, or a side project, we’d love to hear about it. Be sure to comment on each other’s posts to keep the conversation engaging.

I’m absolutely hooked on motorbiking and traveling, and nothing compares to the thrill of hitting the road. I love the feeling of freedom as I ride my bike through different landscapes, whether it’s winding through mountain roads or cruising along coastal routes. Each trip feels like an adventure waiting to unfold, with every new destination bringing its own set of challenges and surprises. What makes it even better is how my rides often lead me to opportunities to indulge in my other hobbies. I can easily switch gears to go trekking in nearby trails, dive into open water for a refreshing swim, or explore local eateries. It’s this blend of adventure and variety that makes my passion for motorbiking and traveling so fulfilling, allowing me to live out all my favorite activities while discovering new ones along the way.

Here is a picture from my last big ride to Kolli Hills in Tamil Nadu, India considered to be one of the most dangerous Ghat roads in the country because of the 70 hairpin bends that lead to the top of the hills.

Hi Team,

Work keeps me pretty busy these days but I look forward to being back in the skies in the future. Completed over 300 skydives in a few different places around the world, getting to jump from ex-Russian military helicopters was certainly a highlight!

100th Skydive over Faro Portugal
Fun jumping in San Marcos Texas

That sounds incredible—skydiving is definitely something I’ve got on my bucket list!

So many interesting Hobbies, I used to love to paint and craft - but time and more importantly space for that is pretty limited these days… so does dining out with friends count as a Hobby, as that is usually what I get up to when I am not working these days 😁.

The XM Community team confirms that dining out with friends will count as a hobby!

Trail in the Ha Giang Loop

@Sachin Nandikol and @Umang Upadhyay,  I share your love for biking and traveling! One of my best trips was the Ha Giang Loop in Vietnam. It was an unforgettable experience, winding through the beautiful mountains of Vietnam. I highly recommend it!

@Sachin Nandikol and @Umang Upadhyay,  I share your love for biking and traveling! One of my best trips was the Ha Giang Loop in Vietnam. It was an unforgettable experience, winding through the beautiful mountains of Vietnam. I highly recommend it!

That sounds incredible! @AlonsoC  The Ha Giang Loop is definitely on my list now. 

I can claim that I have a secret talent but I really enjoy traveling and while doing so I try to do really fun activities, two months ago I went to Tequila, the place where Tequila is from and they have this really extreme swing at the top of a mountain. I won’t say I’m an extreme sports person, but I enjoy doing things that aren’t like daily things.

I am learning to swim and liking it so far.

My family enjoys camping, so much so that my parents and in laws both got campers so we can camp as a large family!

I’m really enjoying reading about how people spend their free time! There is such a wide variety of talents and activities among our Community members.

I play in a symphony orchestra in my spare time (bassoon) and love making music with my fellow musicians 🎶 🎶🎶

One talent I wish I had was the ability to train my dog well. So far, he seems to be training me 🐶 But, I am working on it! 

I'm a fan of crocheting and have made some tops and also amigurumis shaped like puppies, flowers, or little animals:

Additionally, I love skating; it's a hobby that I enjoy a lot and gives me a great sense of freedom.

I love playing badminton!

@Sachin Nandikol and @Umang Upadhyay,  I share your love for biking and traveling! One of my best trips was the Ha Giang Loop in Vietnam. It was an unforgettable experience, winding through the beautiful mountains of Vietnam. I highly recommend it!

@AlonsoC Hà Giang Loop is just a start. Come back for more, we have Mã Pí Lèng, Tà Xùa, Mù Căng Chải..etc..I’ll be your tour guide myself

My hidden talent, as I sit at a .edu conference, multitasking, email, catching up on work and listening to non-experts talk like experts 🙂..

I love cooking 😁. If I was not in MR field so I was definitely be a chef or had my own restaurant 😉. I wish I will have my own restaurant someday. 🤞🏻😊

I'm a fan of crocheting and have made some tops and also amigurumis shaped like puppies, flowers, or little animals:

Additionally, I love skating; it's a hobby that I enjoy a lot and gives me a great sense of freedom.

Wowwww!! super talent!! beautiful top <3 

One of my hidden talents is cooking! I've been taking a grilling and barbecue course for a few months now. It's been amazing learning all the different techniques.

I love to plan family trips and have zero’d in on visiting the National Parks with my husband and kids.  Rocky Mountain National Park (NP), Smokey Mountain NP, Crater Lake NP,  Redwoods, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Capitol Reef and Kenai Fjords!  I’m sure I’ve missed some.   We’ve mostly done hikes, but are starting to include activities.  Here’s one of my favorite pic’s from this year at Bryce Canyon walking down Wall Street.  Getting out and connecting with nature is a fantastic reset for the whole family!

I’m hoping to get back into travel photography - so many amazing places to see in the world and I love capturing a snippet of them to bring home with me.

Trying my best to find a hobby for both myself and my daughter. Currently she is excited about fishing so I try and find recommended spots online where we can catch some sunfish, bass, and perch to keep her interested.

I love cooking 😁. If I was not in MR field so I was definitely be a chef or had my own restaurant 😉. I wish I will have my own restaurant someday. 🤞🏻😊

I love this idea! What kind of food will your restaurant serve? 🍽️

My hidden talent, as I sit at a .edu conference, multitasking, email, catching up on work and listening to non-experts talk like experts 🙂..

You also have a great community username, so clearly creativity is a talent, as well! 

I love baking :)

I love baking :)

I've had the chance to try @TusharDalwani's White Sauce Pasta, and I think he should seriously consider making it his full-time gig 😍

As can be seen on my profile pic - sailing is what I whizz to from work whenever possible!

I enjoy photography, crocheting, and cake decorating. I haven’t done any cakes in a long time, though, so perhaps that is a former hobby. 😄