Dashboard not showing categories with nil responses | XM Community
Question

Dashboard not showing categories with nil responses

• 7 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all. I am creating a Dashboard project, based on survey results, with a variety of horizontal bar charts. However, whenever there are response options for a question that don’t have any responses, the bar charts exclude that response option. But I want all response options showing. In the example below/attached there were three response options ‘Too long’, ‘About right’ and ‘Too short’. The ‘Too short’ response option hasn’t received any responses as yet and is completely missing from the chart. But I would like it to be showing (with 0% of total responses showing). 

Can anyone suggest how I might do this?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @SteveJ78,

Currently, the platform doesn't offer an option to display bars for choices with zero values. The bars will appear automatically in the chart once you start receiving responses.

For more information on the bar chart widget, you can refer to the link below:

Link.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

@SteveJ78, Don’t think that will be possible for now. Please refer to this support for all the details.

Thanks @Sachin Nandikol & @Umang Upadhyay . It’s unfortunate, but I think you might be correct (i.e., that it’s not possible). It just confused me because bar charts in Results dashboards embedded in a survey itself DO show categories with no responses. For example, the screenshot below is for the same question as the chart I provided above, but this chart was created on the Results page within the survey in Qualtrics (not in a standalone dashboard). As you can see ‘Too short’ appears on the axis in this chart but is missing form the one above. Oh well, I’ll just have to live with it for now I guess.

Thanks again.

Leave a Reply