Default language for email distribution | XM Community
Solved

Default language for email distribution

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Guys!

I have an EX survey that i need to distribute in 3 languages (ES, BR-PT. EN), the issue is that some users do not have language code in their metadata or is a code outside from this 3 and I would like for them to get the email in PT-BR but everytime i create the email EN is created as the default language.

Is it possible to change this and have PT-BR as the default language for the distribution? 

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 4 May 2024, 05:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @Erikahuer,

As far as I know, emails will be in the project's main language, which is set when the project is created and matches the user's account language. If a participant's language isn't set or doesn't match the project's languages (ES, BR-PT, EN) the emails will be in the project's default language.
However, Qualtrics doesn't let you change the default email language. One work around I would suggest is this, you can manually set PT-BR in the metadata for those participants.

Additionally, if you're currently creating your survey and it hasn't gone live yet, I recommend building it in BR-PT language. This way, if there is no language code specified for the customer, Qualtrics will send the email in the base language, which will be BR-PT in this case.

Let me know if this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

The default language fo the survey is PT-BR  but i have changed a few times since i created the survey the language of my account to check on dashboard translation.

Do you think this would have affected? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @Erikahuer,

Changing the language won't affect your survey once it's created. Make sure to set the base language as BR-PT before creating the survey. The base language is decided when creating the survey, based on your account's language. If you've chosen PT-BR as the base language, default messages and emails will use PT-BR if no specific language is selected or if a translation isn't available.

However, if you're still experiencing issues with the default language of your email distributions, I would recommend reaching out to Qualtrics Support.

Leave a Reply