EX - Compare Response Rate Year on Year | XM Community
Solved

EX - Compare Response Rate Year on Year

• 5 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi Team,
I am after some help with displaying response rates in the EX dashboard from a previous year. Our team want to be able to see the different in response rate from 2020 in our 2021 dashboard.
The response widgets (participation summary, response rates) do not allow you to add a filter or specify a data source so I'm not able to use this to show our 2020 data. I can also not add it as a benchmark or a comparison as far as I can see.
Is there a way to display the 2020 response rate in this dashboard?
The only thing i've been able to do so far is a simple table using a count with a filter for 2020 and 2021, so we can compare # of responses but this doesn't allow for a response rate % comparison.
Thanks
Emily

icon

Best answer by AdamK12 11 August 2021, 16:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Hi, emily_cs -- this is a really good question and I haven't found a really good solution within Qualtrics because as the dashboards are currently set up, it's not possible to do a period on period comparison (year on year, quarter on quarter, etc.) for measures. There's a very strong use case for this because the value of benchmarking against oneself is to be able to compare performance in the current period against performance from past periods.
Your best bet right now is to use the export function to export your data into an Excel spreadsheet or use the Web data connector to export it into your preferred analytics tool (like Tableau, PowerBI, etc.). But I would be very happy if Qualtrics added this functionality to Vocalize and will put in a feature request...

Thanks Adam! I've seen you've submitted it as a product request as well - much appreciated :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

My pleasure! Also check out InessaG 's comment on the product request, which is a good workaround in the absence of a hardwired dashboard widget!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi all,
I'm looking for the same currently.
The idea that AdamK12 made and the response from InessaG don't apply in the case of the EX-specific widgets for response rate and participation summary unfortunately.
emily_cs , were you able to make such an EX-response-rate trend graph somehow?

fyi, meanwhile I have created a product idea out of this: https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/21378/response-rate-over-multiple-datasources/p1?new=1

Badge +1

I don’t understand why the EX response rate widget can’t be filtered by time. Makes no sense to me. It is showing response rate for the entire life of the survey. For ongoing surveys like onboarding and exit…seeing a response rate for the life of the survey is not helpful. My internal stakeholders want to know what our response rate was for a certain period of time (i.e. last quarter, last year, etc.) And, they want to see how response rates change over time, so we can evaluate distribution strategies, communication strategies, etc. They also want to be able to see if different populations have higher or lower response rates than others. I can filter the widget by all of my various metadata….but, again can’t see that over time. 

I’m having to spend all this extra time and energy manually calculating response rates outside of the Qualtrics platform. And, it isn’t an easy task. Because you have to try and merge data from the participant’s tab (which shows if they respondent or not) with the information on the data and analysis tab (to see the date someone responded). Its just one big mess.

Also, this issue seems to be something that is isolated to the Employee Experience side of the platform. The Customer Experience side has response funnels and the response rate widgets in those CAN be filtered by time. SO WHY CAN’T THE RESPONSE RATE WIDGETS IN EX ALSO BE FILTERED BY TIME??

Leave a Reply