✏️ Inline Email Question | Getting Started Mondays | September 11th 2023 | XM Community

✏️ Inline Email Question | Getting Started Mondays | September 11th 2023

• 11 September 2023
  • 3 replies
✏️ Inline Email Question | Getting Started Mondays | September 11th 2023
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Former XM Community Team Member
  • 451 replies

What is Getting Started Mondays?

Every Monday we will highlight a Core XM feature, and the post will include a description of the chosen topic, a support page, and related community content. The goal of this weekly series is to help users find support pages or community posts that relate to the topic. Remember to always contact Qualtrics Support for product-related issues or urgent questions.

Getting Started Mondays | September 11th 2023

Topic: Inline Email Questions

If you’ve ever considered customizing your email distribution to make your survey invitations more engaging, adding an inline email question may be the perfect solution. This feature grabs the recipient’s attention and can increase your response rate by making it incredibly convenient for them to provide a response.

Once an answer choice is clicked, the recipient is immediately launched into the survey in a new tab with their response already selected. To take it a step further, you can have your inline email question submitted immediately by adding a timing question to your one-question survey and setting the seconds to 1. When choosing your question, make sure to remove any question logic and choose a one-answer multiple-choice question or NPS question.

Start encouraging participation through your emails by embedding an inline question today!

Where to find this feature:

1. Go to your Survey.
  2. Go to the Distributions tab.
  3. Open the Emails section and click Compose Email.
  4. Select the Inline Email Question icon in the Message editor.

Support Page Link:

Community Post Links

Question of the Day: Does your team regularly use inline email questions? If so, how many total questions tend to be in the survey?

3 replies

Badge +30

Thank you for enlightening me about this topic…. This would definitely help in boosting the participation rate. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you for enlightening me about this topic…. This would definitely help in boosting the participation rate. 

Glad to know that you liked this week’s topic! Inline email questions are definitely worth trying out. 😄

Badge +2

Hey @JoseS - any insight into how to make the question choices all the same size?

I add in width: 33% on each line in the html, looks OK, then test send and it looks like below. Pretty unprofessional and makes this unusable. I am not smart on HTML or CSS so I could have done something wrong, but not sure what to do! This piece of product is so hard to use 😕

Leave a Reply