• 30 January 2023
  • 4 replies
✏️ Preview Survey | Getting Started Mondays | January 30th 2023
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Former XM Community Team Member
  • 451 replies

What is Getting Started Mondays?

Every Monday we will highlight a Core XM feature, and the post will include a description of the chosen topic, a support page, and related community content. The goal of this weekly series is to help users find support pages or community posts that relate to the topic. Remember to always contact Qualtrics Support for product-related issues or urgent questions.

Getting Started Mondays | January 30th 2023

Topic: Preview Survey

Testing your survey prior to data collection is a crucial step in the survey-making process as it leads to the identifying and fixing of any technical or conceptual errors, and ensuring the survey meets the objectives of the research. The preview survey feature facilitates this step by allowing you to test all aspects of your survey by placing a bookmark, ignoring question validations, and even showing hidden questions to avoid having to repeatedly complete your entire survey. Using these tools to ensure the survey is ready to launch will lead to the best respondent experience and facilitate data collection.

Instead of fixing mistakes as the first responses begin to come in, take the initiative and share your preview survey link with your team before publishing so you can maximize the potential of and fully utilize each response.

Where to find this feature:

1. Navigate to the Survey tab and click Preview in the top-right.
  2. In the Preview Survey mode, click Tools.

Support Page Links: Preview Banner

Community Post Links: Preview without Answering Questions

Question of the Day: Do you preview all of your surveys before publishing them? What features mentioned today do you use the most and the least?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good afternoon from a sunny Sweden!
Yes I preview each new survey build several times for both testing and design purposes. :)
Best regards
-Mattias

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Good Evening All,
Yes I preview each survey before publishing for testing and further for testing my custom CSS and Java , as if they are working as envisioned or not.
I use "Ignore validation" validation the most while "Place Bookmark" would be the near second.
Best Regards
-qualtrics_nerd (Viplava)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/54881#Comment_54881Hello Mattias! I'm glad to hear you preview each survey, it definitely decreases the likelihood of issues once the project goes live. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/54892#Comment_54892Good Morning! I agree, previewing your survey is especially crucial when custom code is being used. Ignore validation always comes in handy when working on surveys with a ton of questions with required responses! 😎

Leave a Reply