Can I use the piped text from a different question block? | XM Community
Solved

Can I use the piped text from a different question block?

• 3 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello!
I have a web service & loop that I use in block 1 and block 2. A participant is randomly assigned to receive either block 1 or block 2. Then, the block contains a piped text, which shows the participant a random article (from a list of 300).
Afterward, in blocks 7 and 8, I would like to reshow the participant the same piped text. Block 7 piped text will be shown if the user was assigned to block 1 initially, and block 8 piped text will be shown if the user was assigned to block 2 initially.
So, my question is, how can we reuse/refer to the same piped text that was used in an earlier block? This way, I will be able to show the article that was shown in block 1 once again in block 7 (and the same thing goes for blocks 2 and 😎.
Thanks a lot in advance.

icon

Best answer by AmaraW 17 June 2022, 01:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

You can create a dummy block where you can write the pipe in text as options and then just don't show this block to the respondent.
Then you can just use this block for piping of the required texts to the respondent. This way you would be just creating a block once and then reusing it again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

For anyone wondering, I was never able to solve this. I am not sure but I do not think there is a way to pipe between separate blocks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

opposity As I said, you can pipe it easily be it different blocks or from survey flow. You just need to create embedded data or a simple question whichever you feel easy to use and from option use it to pipe it.

Badge +48

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/47019#Comment_47019opposity linked here is a support page on setting embedded data values in the Survey flow, as grahulp5 suggests, which should help you get started!

Leave a Reply