Download translations without html

• 12 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 216 replies

Hi,
When I download translations from Qualtrics, they always have html tags around them, like this:

Dear ${e://Field/Customer_First_Name} ${e://Field/Customer_Last_Name},

Thank you for recently contacting the DemoCompany contact center! How did we do? 

We appreciate your feedback and use it to assess customers’ recent experiences and determine how we can improve our service to you in the future. 

or even like this, with even stranger ➘ signs...
Welcome to the demo survey. You have been invited to take this survey to tell us how satisfied you are with our services.
➘➘

➘➘
Please share with us your opinion and ideas in this 3-minute questionnaire.

Is there any way to export the translation file without all that html around it? It makes it hard to read and to translate.

icon

Best answer by AdamK12 12 August 2021, 16:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

JoycaV When you create a translation for a survey, you should be able to export the translated survey into Word for this purpose (I assume to validate the translation, given that Qualtrics uses Google Translate which is not idiomatically perfect.) Alternatively, if you cut and paste the translated text into a Word document, that is a little more labor intensive but should also work. I hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thanks for the suggestion AdamK12.
Indeed it's sometimes for validating the google-translated questions,
but sometimes also we make the questions in English, add the languages that we want to have additionally, and send over the excel with English + the empty colums for the other languages to a colleague who is a native speaker (so later we can import that same excel with translations). But there also the html in the English column is quite cumbersome.
Of course copy-pasting would work, but that's quite intensive when there are many questions and answer options...
But, as I then understand, there isn't any setting that I overlooked on the export (I did try the excel, cxv and tsv options...) that would avoid the html?
I think I'll create a product idea for it then!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Sounds like a good product idea! If you create it I'll upvote it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I made an idea for this:
https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/18597/download-translations-without-html/p1?new=1

Leave a Reply