How to carry assigned condition to the next survey | XM Community
Solved

How to carry assigned condition to the next survey

• 19 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

So I am doing a three-part survey. In the first survey, the participants will be randomly assigned into one of the three condition - control, condition1, condition2 and do the task of it. In survey 2 and 3, I want the participants to receive the same condition they have received in the survey 1, instead of being randomized into one of the three conditions again. How can I do that? 

Plus a small question: I have trouble using the workflow now, it just won’t load and let me use it whenever I click in a workflow to edit, how should I handle this case as quick as possible? 

icon

Best answer by bstrahin 19 May 2023, 21:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

@Hannah_1102 I recommend looking through the provided documentation for Longitudinal Studies and treat the condition as an embedded variable.  You will need workflow to do this. If it isn’t working then I would contact Qualtrics Support (Get Technical Support) directly by phone or email. I doubt much can happen over the support chat or by community members to fix your problems with workflow. You may need an engineer to look into your account.

Badge +2

Hi, how can I treat the condition as an embedded variable? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

You will use the survey flow and branching logic to add a variable that tracks which condition the respondent was assigned. You can then carry forward that embedded data to the next surveys.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data/

Leave a Reply