How to do the Qualtrics survey while not connected to wifi? | XM Community
Skip to main content

In my research team, we will do interview. Interviewers have Amazon tablets. How do we download the Qualtrics surveys to the tablets so they can be used when the tablet is not connected to the internet? The tablets will not be connected to the internet when the interviewers (several graduate students and undergraduates) are entering data in the field. Will data entered offline automatically transfer to the database when the tablets are connected to the internet?
Any suggestion is welcome!

Qualtrics has an offline app for this:
Setting Up the Offline AppYou'll have to check if it is available on your University's Qualtrics license.

Hi @TomG,
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I also noticed this offline app before. But I feel confused on the usage of this app. We have 5 interviewers (students), and everyone has their own tablet (our team bought the Amazon best seller tablet, $49.99). The location of interview generally are at peoples homes (preferably outside) or a park area where the participants feel comfortable. Some may be in-home. They told me that they wouldn't expect to have wifi access wherever they are going to be, would they be able to upload input data after leaving the site?
I tried to use offline survey method, but I don't think it is a workable method. First, it is difficult to download the survey. I tried and I failed to download. I think the problem is API. But anyway, even if they can download the survey from their tablet, then the Anonymous Survey Link will be different. This will make my later data analysis very difficult.
Any other suggestions? Like Wifi Hotspots?😂

Leave a Reply