Missing Data | XM Community
Question

Missing Data

• 9 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have a 5 block survey. Questions are visible in all blocks and can be answered. When data are downloaded, all data from one of the blocks does not appear. Its like no-one answered the questions but unlikely that ALL respondents would skip the same questions. Data from all other blocks, including the one immediately before and the one immediately after this block downloads fine.  I’m stumped 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Have you tried to look at individual records in Data & Analysis to see if any have data in them for that block? Have you run a filter on any of the questions in the block that is missing data to see if there is data in that module that isn’t downloading (again can be done in the data & analysis tab)? When you download are you asking it to recode missing values and is it recoding? If it’s blank from spot checking records and running the filter, I would double check your survey flow to be sure that the block is being shown. If it’s being shown and all questions are empty in Data & Analysis and your download, I would take the survey once yourself (using a live and not test link) and put data in that block. If the block doesn’t show, make sure you don’t have unpublished changes that might be the reason the block is getting skipped and therefore answers not recorded. After taking the survey, assuming the block shows and you entered data, check the data & analysis tab for your newly made record. Open it and if it doesn’t record your data reach out to the Support staff immediately (it would be a Qualtrics engineer who would have to help you in that case).

Leave a Reply