Delayed survey distribution automation for a contact added to a mailing list | XM Community
Solved

Delayed survey distribution automation for a contact added to a mailing list

• 9 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 449 replies
Hi,
We are doing an integration using POST API call "Create contact" (individual contacts, not lists). Our aim is to set up the automation so that each of the newly added contacts will receive a survey link with a delay of 2 weeks after it has been added to the list.
It used to be easy in the old directory to sent out the survey immediately after a contact has been created (don't remember about the delayed distribution though). But now all I can find under mailing lists is "Schedule a message".
Distribution automation confuses me a lot, because to my understanding it only allows distribution for the whole mailing list, which is not what we are after..

Any thoughts?
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 12 November 2018, 21:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You can have a single contact in a single mailing list and schedule the distribution based on your requirements

Or

If you know the contacts which you are going to be distributed in 2 weeks time then you can put all of those under a single mailing list...
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
> @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam said:
> You can have a single contact in a single mailing list and schedule the distribution based on your requirements
>
> Or
>
> If you know the contacts which you are going to be distributed in 2 weeks time then you can put all of those under a single mailing list...

Thank you for the reply. However, this is not what we really after. We will be having about a hundred contacts per month. So this would be not really feasible to have thousands mailing lists on the end of the day...

Also at the moment we don't know any of the contacts, as they will be transferred from another system after the person (basically anyone) registers there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
One of my client doing the same "one contact in one mailing list" and they have 20k contacts per month. They have an almost same use case.

There is no limitation on no. of contact list.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
> @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam said:
> One of my client doing the same "one contact in one mailing list" and they have 20k contacts per month. They have an almost same use case.
>
> There is no limitation on no. of contact list.

How do they set up the API call? Do they create a new mailing list each time? How do they handle the naming of the list?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Based on every transaction they calling the API to create the contact list (with single contact). Yes, they create a new mailing list for each transaction. They name it as per the transaction id.

Leave a Reply