How do I identify the respondent's location from my qualtrics questionnaire? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi guys, I am creating a quiz by qualtrics and I want to know how do I identify the respondent's location from my qualtrics questionnaire? For example, I want to know if it is possible to know which city or neighborhood the person is answering my questionnaire.

Thank you!
Other than asking, you can download the IP Address and look up from there.

Here's the info on getting the IP Address from Qualtrics: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/data/download-data/understanding-your-dataset/
@AliLN I don't know if I understand, but if I want the IP addrees show up, I just need to delete the Anonymize Response option? Because the respondent’s IP address will not be available if responses have been completely anonymized.

Sorry my english.
> @AliLN said:

> Other than asking, you can download the IP Address and look up from there.

>

> Here's the info on getting the IP Address from Qualtrics: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/data/download-data/understanding-your-dataset/

I don't know if I understand, but if I want the IP addrees show up, I just need to delete the Anonymize Response option? Because the respondent’s IP address will not be available if responses have been completely anonymized.

Sorry my english.
@amandalima3,

If you want to save the city (based on IP address) of the respondent, assign the GeoIP Location City to an embedded variable in the survey flow:

city = ${loc://City}

This will work regardless of the Anonymize Response setting.
> @TomG said:

> @amandalima3,

>

> If you want to save the city (based on IP address) of the respondent, assign the GeoIP Location City to an embedded variable in the survey flow:

> city = ${loc://City}

>

> This will work regardless of the Anonymize Response setting.

@TomG But how do I put the IP Address? My anonymize response isn't selected, but I still can not the IP address.
> @amandalima3 said:

> > @TomG said:

> > @amandalima3,

> >

> > If you want to save the city (based on IP address) of the respondent, assign the GeoIP Location City to an embedded variable in the survey flow:

> > city = ${loc://City}

> >

> > This will work regardless of the Anonymize Response setting.

>

> But how do I put the IP Address? My anonymize response isn't selected, but I still can not the IP address.

ip = ${loc://IPAddress}

Please note- this information is outdated. If anonymize responses is enabled, then GeoIP will not be collected

Leave a Reply