Response Summary Format | XM Community
Question

Response Summary Format

The .pdf of the response summary for my survey looks untidy and got cut off halfway. Is there a way to re-format this document to include page breaks and page numbers?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes we can customize the response summary using JS

JS?

Badge +9

rondev do you have any other information on this? I am also looking to clean up the PDF version of the response summary and would love to know where the javascript would go, as well as details on the coding needed.
thanks!
Kate

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

KWigg , The code will go under the header source view in the script tag. To apply a styling or changes to a particular question , we need to specify the question id in the jquery selector.

Badge +9

rondev Perhaps I'm confused; are we not referring to the pdf that is generated from the response summary? I'm not seeing how script at the question level will be applicable to page breaks in the resulting pdf once a survey is completed. By way of example, these are the types of page break issues I'm looking to correct:

image.pngimage.png

KWigg Hi, I run into the same issue. Did you find out a solution yet? Thank you

Badge +9

Ada114 Unfortunately not! :(

:( I found how to get the page breaker by JS. https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/13599/eos-response-summary-pdf-formatting
but it didn't fix all my problems. Hope this will help you a little.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

It's actually possible to generate custom reports while staying within qualtrics. You can see this demo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

(For those who have asked, JS=Javascript.) From a formatting perspective, it often works well to generate a PDF of the report, not the survey results (e.g., through the Reports tab). The PDF can't be edited, but one can also create a Microsoft Word export from the Report which can then be edited to insert or remove page breaks, remove or consolidate verbatim data, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

AdamK12 Thanks for sharing this. The word report you mention, is it the one from the reports tab or can we also generate a word file when we show a summary of responses?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

ahmedA My pleasure--yes, it's the one from the reports tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

AdamK12 Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

It's actually possible to generate custom reports while staying within qualtrics. You can see this demo.

How did you do this?

Badge

Did you find a solution to this?

Thank you,

Tanya

Leave a Reply