What is the expected action of 'Update recipient from survey response' option? | XM Community
Question

What is the expected action of 'Update recipient from survey response' option?

• 12 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Within the 'Add to XM Directory' task in survey actions, there is the option to 'Update recipient from survey response'. I would assume that checking this box would result in an update to the contact information for an an authenticated contact on a survey response completion action. So if my survey had a text entry question that says 'Update your contact information (last name)' and I have the response to this field update the Last Name field of the 'Add to XM Directory' task, I would expect the contact information for that user to be updated in my contact list. Is this not the expected behavior?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Hi!!

this will work exactly as you are mention. to update the user you will need to use the deduplication fiel you have set in the XM Directory in the action. If the contact doesn't exist this would create a new one

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Just to clarify, if you have duplicate email addresses for example in your contacts list, this action does not appear to work even though the 'Add to XM Directory' task shows JSON with the contact fields updated (and a contact 'recipientId' that matches the logged in contact), this is not reflected in the contacts list (even though Qualtrics knows the recipientId logged into the survey).
Even when I manually update my contact list so there are no duplicate email addresses, the survey action does not update the contact. However the 'XM Directory Task' action report shows JSON with updated contact fields that match the recipientId and contact list ID of the authenticated respondent.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

is there any update on this feature? The contact update action is not working for me either. I know triggers will do this, but I don't want to spend time building something with a feature that's going away soon.

Leave a Reply