Incomplete responses cannot be viewed | XM Community
Question

Incomplete responses cannot be viewed

• 8 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We set up a customer satisfaction survey and also turned on saving incomplete responses in the survey settings. In the Distribution view we see that some have started the survey but not completed it. I can't find these results anywhere. In the Data & Analysis section, Recorded Responses only show me complete ones and in Responses in progress we don't find any responses either. How do we get the incomplete results? Ideally also retrospectively.

Many thanks in advance!

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

HI @Marius_L 

Have you check the time required to pass before responses can be considered as incomplete.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @krbhavya ,

yes we setup it to 72 hours - here you can see our setup for incomplete survey responses:

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Marius_L ,

Did you set up this setting before you launched the survey? It will only take affect after you have changed it, so only responses that have been initiated after you set the timer to 72 hours, would be auto completed after 72 hours. all others would be set to the default (1 year) setting.

You can selected responses in progress and force them to be completed. Just be careful not to do this on responses that users are actually still wanting to complete on their own.

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Survey started means they have clicked on the URL whereas the response only goes in ‘in progress’ status only if they have answered atleast one question. Also, please go through this post qtip section.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you all! We already go live with a response time from 24 Hours and changed it now to 72 hours. Therefore, I find it very strange that we can only see complete surveys as results and the rest who started the survey then would not have to have answered a single question. We also use page breaks to save "intermediate results".

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Have you checked if you have a different endo of the survey element in survey flow that overrides the survey settings selection?

Leave a Reply