🌎️ Going Global | Badge of the Month | June 2022 | XM Community

🌎️ Going Global | Badge of the Month | June 2022

🌎️ Going Global | Badge of the Month | June 2022
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between June 1 and June 30, will receive this badge worth 10 points.

Badge Of The Month | June 2022

Question: Where have you lived? Where do you live? Alternatively, where do you want to live?
The XM Community is a global community, with members in different countries around the world! Since 2019, we’ve had community visits from over 225 countries and territories. We want to learn a little more about you and your home. Maybe you’ve lived in one place your entire life, or maybe you have lived in multiple countries. Tell us about the incredible places you live / have lived in!

60 replies

Badge +48

🌎️  I've lived in quite a few places throughout the USA! I've spent most of my life in New Jersey, but have also lived in Seattle, Washington, Salt Lake City, Utah, Chicago, Illinois, and Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. I hope to make it back towards the midwest sometime soon! 🌎

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

I've lived along the East Coast of the USA, throughout the Midatlantic to New England: I grew up in Massachusetts, lived for the longest stretch (so far) in New Jersey, and currently live in Maryland (with a few more states thrown into the mix for short periods along the way).

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

For most of my life, I've lived in Hyderabad, India. In the last 11 years, I've lived in Michigan for a majority of it, but have also lived in Chicago, IL and Provo, UT. Given an opportunity, I'd love to live in London and Los Angeles at some point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

I grew up in the Washington, DC area and while I lived in Philadelphia, PA and New York City for school, I've always returned to the "DMV". I love the incredible diversity of this area, which gives us some very special cultural institutions, and being in this area, there is never a dull moment!

Badge +1

Was born in Winnipeg Canada, then lived in Germany near Lahr, then lived in Ottawa Canada, then Philadelphia US and then Ottawa Canada again -- where I settled when I was 20, except for 3 years in Toronto Canada. I have had the opportunity to travel a fair amount and but have to say a thank you to my parents for dropping the kids in Ottawa where we have stayed. As the capital of Canada the city regularly appears on best places to live lists. It is a beautiful city of about 1M with a lot of green space, bike paths and leisure activities easily available in and around the city. The population is highly educated and diverse as well as largely bilingual English and French. It is warm to hot in the Summer and cold in the winter and beautiful in all 4 seasons. You should visit. And not that this will influence everyone but there are a lot of craft breweries in town.
20210919_122516.jpg20210912_180226.jpg20211017_103930.jpg20211019_175058.jpg20211215_182804.jpg20220129_132233.jpg20220308_072803.jpg20220520_171938_2.jpg20220520_171942_2.jpg

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I´m from Brasilia born and raised. Spend 29 year in Brasilia than moved to Rio de Janeiro during the period of World Cup and Olympic Games. Stayed in Rio for 2.6 years. Since 2014 i´m living in São Paulo. I´d love to living somewhere in Europe some time in my live. Germany for example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I love seeing how global the Community is and where folks have lived! And the pics are great, too! 😍

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I lived in UK, Germany and Austria and now based in Vienna, Austria.
I´d like to stay here, but traveling around is going to be my next plan ;)

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

This month's Badge question is right up my alley! Although born in Canberra, Australia I grew up in Ottawa, Canada (and recognize at least 3 pictures showing the Rideau Canal longrwr 😀). After graduating I moved to Osaka, Japan for my first job but found myself back in Canada 3 years later, Toronto this time which I still miss to this day. But the gypsy in me could not sit still for long so I moved to Marseille, France where I stayed 5 years. After my chapter in the Provence I settled near Utrecht in the Netherlands where I live in a small town along the Rhine river with my wife, two boys and a dog named Nuka.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Quite a globe trotter, SteveBelgraver! 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Theodor_Zus where in Germany did you live? I'm an ex-Berliner myself 😀 And where do you plan on going next?

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

My scale is much smaller than most of the previous answers here.
I've lived in Belgium all my life.
I grew up in a small vilage near the border with the Netherlands. A quiet place, only one famous person, "wow-guy" aka Eddy Wally:
Untitled ImageWhen I started working, I moved about 100km further, closer to Brussels and Leuven. Also to a quiet place 😁 but we do have a long lane with sakuras in the village center.
image.pngI wouldn't want to move to any other country, I'm too attached to my family and friends here. But I do love to travel and visit all those beautiful places around the world, just for a little while 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hello JoycaV, Belgium holds a special place in my heart, as that is where my mother is from! ❤️ 🇧🇪 (Bruxelles)
Belgium is a beautiful and amazing country. Give me Vlaamse frites and Les Diables Rouges and I'm a happy guy 😀

Userlevel 4
Badge +22

I have spent my 22 years in Rajasthan, India.
I am born and brought up in Jaipur (The Pink City of India), and from from tip to toe I am in love with my city, its vivid culture and colors. You cant miss the festivals here because everytime its like someone is painting the city with beautiful colors.
image.pngimage.png
When I start working at the age of 22 I have been to Pune, Bangalore but from last 5 years Gurgaon, Haryana is my home.
Alternatively, if I get a chance live in the city I wanted, it would be Jaipur as I will be with my family and relatives.
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Chhavi_Ch those pics are stunning! 😎 India is on my list of dream countries to travel to one day!

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

I was born in France but moved to Canada (Quebec city) 17 years ago. I funded a family there and I'm more Canadian than French, now.

Since last summer, I had the chance to work remotely from France for one year in order to offer the french experience to my sons.
It has been an amazing year but I can't wait returning home and meet my team again IRL !

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

ElieD I love Québec City! And the opportunity to work remotely from France certainly sounds enticing 🇫🇷 Safe travels returning home!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I am only 21 and I have lived in 5 countries already: Turkey, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, and the US.
Turkey is where I am from. The former USSR countries are where I lived in for a majority of my childhood because of my father's work. US is where I went to university and will be soon working in.
I just left New York after graduation and will be moving to Boston for employment. Yet, I am excited to see that the world is going more and more remote/hybrid every year. This will allow me to return to my nomadic lifestyle at some point in the future :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +14

I have lived in Idaho Falls and Philadelphia, though I'll be moving to Salt Lake soon!
All three locations are beautiful, and I feel like I've been lucky to experience living in big cities and smaller towns. Both have their own charms.
I feel like Salt Lake is a nice mix of both environments! There are tons of great restaurants and entertainment, but you're never too far from hiking trials and dirt roads.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

opposity Boston is a great city -- you'll love it! 😍

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/46883#Comment_46883Yes, I totally agree. I had the chance to visit it recently, and I can definitely say it is more relaxed than New York and more aesthetic. More nature too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Lifelong resident of Sydney, Australia. Love travelling to other parts of the world and experiencing different countries, cultures and cuisines, but my heart is in Sydney. Glimpsing spectacular views of the world's largest natural harbour on approach to Sydney Int'l Airport never hurts either! 😉 (not my pic)
image.png

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Wow I love seeing all of theese pictures from all over the world. 😍 I was born in the south of Italy and moved to Milan when I was 18 to attend university. I really like living here though I wouldn't mind exploring some other city someday.

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

I have always lived in the southern part of Germany. I grew up near Lake Chiemsee. During my studies I lived in Passau (and for a short time in Birmingham/UK). And for more than 20 years now, our family has lived in a small village east of Munich.
Q_1.jpgQ_2.jpg

Badge +3

I have lived in Mauritius for half of my life, and could not envisage going back but to spend time with the family and chill. I have lived in the UK where I studied and work but found the best work/life balance being in Switzerland (current).

Leave a Reply