🥇Olympics | Badge of the Month | August 2024 | XM Community
Skip to main content

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between August 1 and August 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge Of The Month | August 2024 

Task {EDITED}: The Paris Olympics may have finished but let’s keep the excitement alive! Answer one or both of the questions below. Comment on other posts to keep the conversation going!

1. Who were your favorite athletes/sports to watch at the Paris Olympics? Why were they your favorite?

2. What is your all-time favorite Olympic moment?

1. I always look forward to the track events, but this year I have discovered dressage and kayak cross.
  2. One of my favorites was walking Michael Johnson (USA) and his golden shoes win the gold in both 200m and 400m at the 1996 games in Atlanta. There were the races I ran in high school around the time.

Cheering for team India for Hockey. 🤞🏻

I love the track and field events.

Did you see the men’s 100m? It took them less than 10 seconds to go 100 meters! I can barely get out of my seat in that amount of time!

What’s something you can do in under 10 seconds? 

Neeraj Chopra is an Indian track and field athlete, the reigning Olympic and World champion in Men's javelin throw. He is the first Asian athlete to win an Olympic gold medal in javelin and the first Asian to secure gold in his event at the World Championships. I am hopeful he will surely win GOLD for India in the 2024 Olympics.

I have always loved watching Hockey and the amount of excitements pours is crazy.

Goal moments in Hockey are great to watch.

As Canadians living in France, our family has been rooting for athletes of both countries. What we’ve been following the most though is women’s football with the drone saga. We’re hoping for an exciting Brazil - USA game.

My fondest Olympics memory is from the Salt Lake City winter games when both Canada’s women and men hockey teams brought gold home.

I love the track and field events.

Did you see the men’s 100m? It took them less than 10 seconds to go 100 meters! I can barely get out of my seat in that amount of time!

What’s something you can do in under 10 seconds? 

I can eat a piece of cake in under 10 seconds 🍰 Too bad that is not a sport! 🥇

1. Being a Brit, any of our althetes from team GB.
  2. Snoop Dogg being a total legend at this Olympics! I can only imagine the hype train when the Olympics head to the US.

There’s nothing Snoop Dogg can’t do including Olympic Equestrianism! Can’t wait for the Olympics to come to the US either 😀

I’m from Wisconsin and my earliest Olympic memory is of Dan Jansen. He was heavily favored in many of the speed skating races but his sister had died shortly before the ‘92 Olympics and he fell in both of his races. He returned in ‘94 and won gold. 

Well favorite athlete is Vinesh Phogat, mainly because of the struggles she overcame and won medals.

¡Me emociona mucho ver cualquier deporte en este tipo de escenarios! Disfruté bastante el de Skateboarding.  ¡Todos los deportistas son geniales, los admiro!

I’m from Wisconsin and my earliest Olympic memory is of Dan Jansen. He was heavily favored in many of the speed skating races but his sister had died shortly before the ‘92 Olympics and he fell in both of his races. He returned in ‘94 and won gold. 

I wasn’t aware of Dan Jansen’s Olympic journey and ultimate triumph, thanks for sharing @jmborzick !

¡Me emociona mucho ver cualquier deporte en este tipo de escenarios! Disfruté bastante el de Skateboarding.  ¡Todos los deportistas son geniales, los admiro!

@IRENDONJLL0 , a mi tambien me encanta el skateboarding y como el deporte realmente se ha globalizado!

I like to watch all the sports in the Olympics, but my favorite sport is ARTISTIC SWIMMING, it's like figure skating but with the magic of the water.

they really do look like mermaids. incredible athletes and artists. 

Hi everyone,

It’s been a long time since my last post in badge of the month discussion but too much work keep me occupied in implementing more and more Qualtrics surveys !

This month subject get me back because I’m a huge fan of Olympics.

I love sports but I love even more discovering new sports and athletes.

For 2024, one of my must see is the Judo team competition.
Last fighting of the legendary Teddy Riner from France that will try to help French team against Japanese one. I can’t miss that !

I’m also excited by fresh new sports concept since the last few years. The boulder and lead climbing competition is really impressive, and so are the bmx and skateboarding.

I also love canoeing and I’m excited by the canoe cross competition.

Have you already seen rugby sevens ? That was a crazy competition !

So much sports in such little time !
I must admit that I’m sleeping slightly less than usual by this time ^^

Hi everyone,

It’s been a long time since my last post in badge of the month discussion but too much work keep me occupied in implementing more and more Qualtrics surveys !

This month subject get me back because I’m a huge fan of Olympics.

I love sports but I love even more discovering new sports and athletes.

For 2024, one of my must see is the Judo team competition.
Last fighting of the legendary Teddy Riner from France that will try to help French team against Japanese one. I can’t miss that !

I’m also excited by fresh new sports concept since the last few years. The boulder and lead climbing competition is really impressive, and so are the bmx and skateboarding.

I also love canoeing and I’m excited by the canoe cross competition.

Have you already seen rugby sevens ? That was a crazy competition !

So much sports in such little time !
I must admit that I’m sleeping slightly less than usual by this time ^^

@ElieD, we’re glad to see you posting on BOM again! I’m also enjoying the new sports the Olympics have recently added including skateboarding and surfing. I’ll need to check out rugby too! 

I absolutely love watching hockey during the Olympics. There's something incredibly thrilling about seeing the world's best teams compete on such a grand stage.

1. Katie Ledecky: it’s just incredible to watch the power and speed. Also Water polo….holy smokes so much treading water!
  1. 2018 Winter Olympics: Shaun White wins halfpipe gold such an amazing moment!

I’m not a big Olympics person, but did enjoy the basketball finals between France and USA, fantastic game and Steph’s shot it up there for favorite moments, just a gorgeous shot.

1. As a recreational volleyball player, I always enjoy the VB (both indoor and beach). I also stumbled across indoor cycling a few Olympics ago, and it’s really fun to watch, especially the team relay competitions. Saw a little bit of Breaking this year, and that was fun to watch.
  2. Two favorite “broadcasting” moments. First (and I’m not old enough to have witnessed this live), was Al Michaels “Do you believe in Miracles!” call during the 1980 Ice Hockey game between the USA and USSR. Second one was during the Greece Olympics, there was some sort of delay between events, and Mary Carillo started talking about Badminton, and ended up going off on a great comedic rant about the differences between Olympic badminton, and the kind that you play in your back yard. Look it up on youtube, it’s a great 3 minutes.

🏅To me the Olympics are a crucible for the broader sweep of mankind 🌍 

🏆 Can't say I have a favorite sport or athlete as I dip in and out of televised events depending who I happen to be with 📺 

🥉That said I do keep an eye out on events featuring the Dutch teams and our standing in the medals table 🎯

🥈I particularly enjoy seeing the underdog win, especially the smaller countries that prevail over the big favourites 💪

😃Oh the human drama 😮

with the 2024 Olympics now closed it is with some pride to share an update on the Dutch performance. Another shining example of a little country (all other top 10 countries have far larger populations!) punching above its weight 😁 

Hi team, 

Paris Olympics were amazing to watch. We watched Romanian atlethes  mostly, but we saw many amazing people who pushed their limits. This is great about it all, how these people are so disciplined to achieve such results. 

My favourite olympic moment was when Nadia Comaneci got a 10 , any many years ago, showing Romanians that hard work pays off. 

Fingers crossed now for the paralympic athletes! 

Thx, Livia

I’m not a big Olympics person, but did enjoy the basketball finals between France and USA, fantastic game and Steph’s shot it up there for favorite moments, just a gorgeous shot.

Definitely in an epic moment!

🏅To me the Olympics are a crucible for the broader sweep of mankind 🌍 

🏆 Can't say I have a favorite sport or athlete as I dip in and out of televised events depending who I happen to be with 📺 

🥉That said I do keep an eye out on events featuring the Dutch teams and our standing in the medals table 🎯

🥈I particularly enjoy seeing the underdog win, especially the smaller countries that prevail over the big favourites 💪

😃Oh the human drama 😮

with the 2024 Olympics now closed it is with some pride to share an update on the Dutch performance. Another shining example of a little country (all other top 10 countries have far larger populations!) punching above its weight 😁 

Thanks for sharing this list, @SteveBelgraver . It's surprising to see Uzbekistan and Hungary ranking so high—good for them!

I love watching synchro diving - I have a fear of diving and so it’s even that much more amazing that they are able to do what they do. My favorites are seeing any expectant mothers, this year an archer and a fencer.