🎵 Productivity Playlist | Badge of the Month | August 2023 | XM Community

🎵 Productivity Playlist | Badge of the Month | August 2023

🎵 Productivity Playlist | Badge of the Month | August 2023
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between August 1 and August 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge Of The Month | August 2023 

Task: Share a song that makes you feel productive!

The XM Community is building a Spotify playlist, which you can access on the bottom right of community discussion lists. This playlist’s mood is inspiring, productive, and fun. We want this playlist to feel just like this unique community, which is made by you. So, we need your music recommendations! Comment a YouTube or Spotify link to a song (or songs) of your choice and we will add it to the community playlist. Together, we’ll create the perfect playlist to listen to while on the community or working on a Qualtrics project. 

This topic has been closed for comments

94 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I most often listen music in french but, when working, I need to avoid easy-to-sing lyrics to keep concentrated !

In this case I switch to instrumental or non mother tongue songs like :

Jamiroquai - Corner of the Earth

Antonio Vivaldi - Four seasons

Los Rodriguez - Palabras mas palabras menos

Mano Negra - Mala Vida

Daft Punk - Da Funk

I still share this one in french :
Lisa LeBlanc - Pourquoi faire aujourd'hui

This is a procrastination song… She literally sing : why doing today what you can do tomorrow !!!

Thank you for the references to Jean-Michel Jarre and Whiplash theme !
I’m gonna add this two great ideas to my working list ASAP

Thank you for sharing one in french! I only really know some Stromae songs, so I’m very glad to be able to expand my french music repertoire. I’m currently trying to learn french so I’ll make sure to listen to this one more often to get some good practice. The song was a lot more groovy than I expected!!  🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello,

A background music while working is always best, do listen to this retro music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i0oA5YYf1Y&t=570s&pp=ygUYaW5zdHJ1bWVudGFsIG11c2ljIHJldHJv

Hello @Deepak , thank you for sharing this video! I really throughly enjoyed the instrumental version of Gaata Rahe Mera Dil. I will definitely be adding it to my instrumental playlist. 😁

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

After X4, I now have a new excitement for The Killers:

All These Things That I’ve Done- The Killers

Somebody Told Me- The Killers

Howling’ For You- The Black Keys

Something In the Orange- Zach Bryan

wasn’t that a great show?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

A little Soulful

Badge +48

@Amy_Bow @MeganZich The Killers did not disappoint 😎 They put on a great performance at X4!

Badge +48

@Appzk This song has such a great beat - I love this selection!

Userlevel 4
Badge +24
Badge +48

@dxconnamnguyen Thank you so much for sharing a whole playlist! I added a few of the songs to our playlist 🙌

Badge +48

@TimR I am a HUGE fan of The Mandalorian show! These are awesome selections

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

This is to my favourite song.…

Badge +48

@KISHORE1997 Thank you for sharing 😁

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Depending on my mood, I usually just pick a daily mix, coffee house, or acoustic playlist...but I always end up gravitating to anything Imagine Dragons.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hey everyone! I am a very big Disney fan and found a continuous Disney soundtrack that matches what it would look like if you were watching the Disneyworld Resort TV channel during your vacation. I listen to this when I have a bunch of offline project work and it helps move the day along! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBsyKLK-XT0 Additionally, http://soundsofdisneyland.com/ is a fantastic resource where you can find any and all soundtracks at Disneyland. I hope this gets to another Disney fan like me!

Hi!  Also a huge Disney fan, and shockingly have not heard of Sounds of Disneyland.  So - you did reach another Disney fan and I’m going to check it out right now!  My favorite Disney music site is https://www.d-cot.com/ and I LOVE listening to the loops and ride-throughs on it.  Enjoy!  

@tannerfaragher  @JessicaGregory_CHNw  I am glad I came back to see the updated posts, I am a Disney fan as well.  Being based in Australia it is not somewhere I get to as often as I like anymore.  For some reason It’s never crossed my mind to listen to the music at work - so now I have new soundtracks and website to remind me of my happy place!! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

Unstoppable by Sia, is definitely a great option

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Oh my gosh! I am newer to the community, and this is such a fun thread. I have to say, lately the Barbie playlist has been ultra productive for me because it’s so much fun to listen to.

Some of my faves include Dance the Night Away by Dua Lipa, Speed Drive by Charli XCX, and of course, I’m Just Ken by Ryan Gosling!!! 😂

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Great idea to add playlist 🎵🎵  While working not all time I listen to music..  Depends on the kind of development (and deadline 😊). Here are few of my favourites: (Some Indian tracks for your ears.. 🎵)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

A little late on this one. I just found out and I'm glad I did. It's all about the right mix. Here are a few songs that have helped me feel productive and motivated:

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

While probably not for everyone, I like listening to Justin Bieber’s Journals album or his Believe Acoustic album because they’re mellow enough to work at the same time. If you can’t tell, I’m still a Belieber even though it’s 2023.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

While probably not for everyone, I like listening to Justin Bieber’s Journals album or his Believe Acoustic album because they’re mellow enough to work at the same time. If you can’t tell, I’m still a Belieber even though it’s 2023.

It’s nice to see that the Belieber fanbase is still thriving in 2023! I’m personally more into his newer music like Where are U Now and Ghost, but I get the appeal of his older songs. Thank you for sharing! 😄