🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023 | XM Community

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between June 1 and June 30, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge of the Month | June 2023

Question: Where is your favorite place on Earth? Alternatively, how will you celebrate World Environment Day?

Celebrated in ~150 countries annually on June 5th, World Environment Day is the largest global platform promoting environmental protection. World Environment Day was created in 1973 by the United Nations Environment Programme and our team can’t wait to celebrate with you! We want to learn how you plan to celebrate World Environment Day and preserve our ecosystems! Alternatively, tell us about your favorite place on Earth.

This topic has been closed for comments

82 replies

Badge +48

@jmborzick What a great answer! I have quite a few national parks on my bucket list! So far, I’ve been to Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Mount Rainier National Park. Which have you been to?!

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

I need to make my way to Utah, there are so many, including Arches, I want to see. So far, I’ve only been to a few: 

• Isle Royale
  • Glacier
  • Mammoth Cave
  • Yellowstone
  • Grand Tetons
  • Badlands
  • Smoky Mountains are this summer

My favorite though is Glacier. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

I spent World Environment Day in London this year with my family - which, to be honest, wasn't particularly environmentally friendly as we flew to London.

Apart from that, I like to spend my time in the mountains and nature. My favourite place in the world is probably the northern Italian mountains (Dolomites). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@jmborzick I agree that any national parks can definitely take your breath away! Next time you visit Utah you have to visit Bryce Canyon National Park, the colors make it look like you are on a different planet. I’ll make sure to add Glacier to my national park bucket list. 😎 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@ManfredBM Those mountains look absolutely stunning, this whole picture looks so perfect that it looks fake! I’m unsure when, but I’ll have to make a plan to visit them in person some day. 🤗

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Wherever my family is would be my favorite place, wherever that happens to be. Other than that, Wasque, Chappaquiddick - Martha’s Vineyard.

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

I have an equal love for the mountains and the beach. Both provide such a sense of peace and tranquility in different ways. 

We try to celebrate World Environment Day everyday in our house by continuing our efforts to utilize reusable containers instead of plastic bottles and bags and finding ways to walk/ride bikes instead of taking the car to go places.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@scottdenoon I agree, my chosen favorite place is highly influenced by the fact that my entire family has always lived there. With your other choice, I feel like I’m missing out on experiencing beautiful island views. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@KristiA Such a beautiful picture! I personally prefer the beach, but I completely understand the tranquility that a quiet mountain view can provide.

Although I am definitely privileged to be able to do this, I’ve been taking more advantage of how walkable the city is and using more public transportation whenever possible. 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Alaska… although I fear its natural beauty won’t last much longer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +38

I celebrated World Environment Day by going hiking in the woods with my kids, a good opportunity to remind us all of the beauty and fragility of nature, and of our impact on it : our country is plagued by record-level numbers of wildfires at the moment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

I love my newly designed balcony personally by me which gives me great joy. Every plant out there has a personal touch which soothes my eyes when I look at them at sunrise on sunset.

My contribution towards the environment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +36

I’ve been fortunate enough to travel to many beautiful places around the world and with each trip I feel like its my new favorite place. My most recent trip included exploring Guadalupe Mountains National Park, which is (temporarily) my favorite place on Earth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@DashboardNinja Alaska is on my bucket list to visit and I really hope that we make the necessary changes to sustain its natural beauty.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@vgayraud I think its great that you are teaching the future generations about the importance and fragility of nature and explaining how our actions can harm or help. 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

The best place in this Earth for me is mighty Himalayas , Hailing from the mountains  I celebrated environment day by decluttering my wardrobe and donating clothes, books and also planted few new saplings. I hope we all can keep making efforts to preserve our Mother earth.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

My favorite place on earth is this tiny little lake in North Central Washington - Alta Lake.  It is surrounded by mountains, freezes up in the winter, and warms up in the summer.  Truly a gem for those that like to hike, camp, fish, waterski, horseback ride… the list goes on.  Awww-mazing!

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

My Favourite Place on Earth is My Home in Odisha. Rich in culture, quite humble people and verity of Foods.

I would like to spend my celebrate World Environment Day  by switching the lights off for a couple of hours and making use of the sun light as much as possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

My favorite place is wherever beach is. This environment day I helped clean a beach nearby my home.

Badge +48

I need to make my way to Utah, there are so many, including Arches, I want to see. So far, I’ve only been to a few: 

• Isle Royale
  • Glacier
  • Mammoth Cave
  • Yellowstone
  • Grand Tetons
  • Badlands
  • Smoky Mountains are this summer

My favorite though is Glacier. 

Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Tetons are on my bucket list!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

One of my favourite places on Earth is the serene beaches of Bora Bora. The crystal-clear turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and the surrounding lush greenery create a paradise-like setting that is simply fascinating. The overwater bungalows offer an incredible experience of waking up to the gentle lapping of waves beneath you and being surrounded by vibrant marine life. Exploring the coral reefs while snorkelling or scuba diving is an unforgettable experience.

As for World Environment Day, I plan to organize a community event in my neighbourhood. We will conduct a beach cleanup to remove litter and raise awareness about the impact of plastic pollution on marine life.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Palitana Jain Temple (Also known as Shatrunjay Hills), nestled in the mesmerizing hills of Gujarat, India, holds a special place in my heart as my favorite destination on Earth.

At least twice a year I pay a visit to this divine place, still my thirst to again visit never goes down.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to visit Mountain Province. It's a truly special place.

I'm committed to reducing my carbon footprint, so I turn off the lights for one hour on Earth Day and use a water tumbler instead of single-use water bottles.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

My favorite place on planet so far is my hometown which is close to nature in lap of Himalaya. I always try to avoid plastic as much as possible as a small contribution to reduce the damage to  environment that we are doing as human.

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

I will separate my favorite place in the planet in two. My favorite place for my day to day is Medellín, Colombia. Where I have lived all my life. It’s the perfect city, perfect weather, nice people and I have all my family and friends around :D. My favorite place to visit is Jardín, Colombia. A little magical town. It’s beautiful!

For the Environment Day, more than a single day of the year, I have the commitment for everyday to reduce/stop the use of one use plastic like bags or straws. Also trying to have shorter showers to use less water.