Formatting and disable responses on SBS (Side byside) questions | XM Community
Skip to main content

Dear all, I am not new to working with Qualtrics, but I have no knowledge of javascript and only a passing knowledge of CSS.

I am trying to help out a student with a survey, but being unable to do so, and would kindly like to ask for your assistance in doing various things.

The situation at hand pertains to a side-by-side question with four different answer columns, as you can see in the image.

These are the things I am trying to accomplish:

1. Alternating colours (white/grey/white) for the lines; I tried some CSS I found here but it did nothing.
  2. Different background colours for answer columns 1 and 3 (same as above).
  3. Making it so that whenever someone responds “Never” on columns 1 or 3, the respective options in columns 2 or 4 disappear, on a line-per-line basis.
  4. Having those disappearing options not trigger the ‘forced response’ option.

In your responses, if there are issues I need to be aware of (for example, having to find the ID of the table or the column, or response, etc...), or any other modifications I need to do besides just copy-pasting, please kindly tell me where I can find such information.

Thank you in advance, 
Daniel

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply