Comparisons with Widget Filters | XM Community
Solved

Comparisons with Widget Filters

• 7 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I am wondering if it is possible to have the ability to show a comparison based on a filter from another widget. Image 1 has my NPS gauge chart that has no filter. Image 2 is our percentage of visitors broken by age that I have selected to filter the page based on data point selected.

What I am wondering is: Can I have Image 1 show the filtered results and the comparison underneath show the difference from the overall NPS? 

(Image 1)

(Image 2)

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 9 February 2024, 19:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @nryalls,

Please enable the checkbox located below the filter section in the bar chart. Once enabled, selecting any bar on the chart will automatically filter the dashboard to display data related specifically to that particular bar.
Let me know if this works.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

@Sachin Nandikol - I do have that option selected, and then the results do shift on my other widgets as expected. What I would like to see however is the difference between that filtered result and unfiltered result on the gauge NPS widget. 

So where it says No difference vs. Overall NPS (69.52), I’d want it to say ^ 6 vs. Overall NPS. I’m not sure if this is a feature yet, or if it is in the roadmap for Qualtrics. But I think it would be really beneficial when looking at some key comparison metrics. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @nryalls ,

I recommend trying a workaround by adding two gauge charts for the same question. In one chart, add a filter (Age of visitors = All) and then lock the filter. In the other widget, either don't add any filter or use the same widget already present in your dashboard. By doing so, when you click on any age bar, one gauge chart will automatically filter itself and display the data for that particular bar, while the other gauge chart will continue to show the current data. This should help you achieve the desired visualization and analysis.

Let me know if this helps.

Leave a Reply