Dashboard (i) info icon description not showing on hover

• 22 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 216 replies

Hi,
On my dashboard, I added a "description" in some widgets, which gives the (i) info icon.
It use to be that whey you hover over that (i) icon, that you see the description.
However, now I am getting the following:
it sais "description Yes" instead of the actual description...
is this normal?

image.png

icon

Best answer by PraDeepKotian_Ugam 22 April 2022, 15:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Yes. That's normal. I've noticed that lately. If the widget has a description added, it will be displayed when you view the widget in popup mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hmm, I did like it better when it was still "tooltip-style"... I suppose it's an accessibility thing probably that popup mode is more accessible than a hover-over-tooltip...

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I preferred the hover fxn as well. This is more clicks for the same end result. Not adding much if you ask me

Badge +3

Capture.PNG"Yes"??? This is so not helpful! The previous functionality was far better for users. Dashboard real estate is so precious and limited -- please don't waste it by burying valuable information under unnecessary clicks or taps. Please return to the previous hover functionality!

Badge +2

I totally agree on this. It is unnecessary and not useful. Please return to the previous hover solution!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Hi everyone -- to increase the data visualization space, optimizations have been done to move widget details to a separate panel. This panel can be opened on clicking the widget title area.
We have added this tooltip for enabling accessibility so the users would know there is a description available that they can have access to if they choose to open the panel.
Hope this info helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Badge +1

I have to totally agree with the other user's comments. It's ridiculous that the description says, "Yes" when you hover over it. It was much better before and made more sense. It makes it appear as though respondents said "Yes" in response to a previous question. Much prefer the way you had it...

Leave a Reply