Response Ticker (Filter Help) | XM Community
Solved

Response Ticker (Filter Help)

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi All

I haven a response ticker being populated by x3 open text questions.

See the below.

The respondent only has the option to insert text into x1 open text question.

As you can see from the above the ticker is working populating the 1st row but it shows N/A for the other questions that the respondent did not have the option to answer.

Any idea how to remove N/A?

icon

Best answer by ana_velez 16 May 2023, 14:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hey @parkie_0007! Can you please confirm if this first option is unselected in the widget options? You can find this at the bottom of the Response Ticker widget settings.

Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hey @parkie_0007! Can you please confirm if this first option is unselected in the widget options? You can find this at the bottom of the Response Ticker widget settings.

Thank you!

Thanks for getting back to me. This is not selected. With it selected i would have N/A for all x3 open text questions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@parkie_0007, thank you! Please try turning on the fourth setting, the default field selector. Although this won’t remove the N/A, it will organize the fields so you can focus on the question you want.

Another option you could try is filtering your widget by an advanced filter that essentially says filter by responses where those two questions are NOT empty. 

I hope this helps! Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Hi, I don't know if there is a setting on the widget that prevents this, however you can Work with survey flow logic, creating a different branch when each one of the open text responses is answered and then on each branch adding an embeded data field populated with the open text response. The embeded data field should have the same name on the 3 branches so you can integrate the responses on a single field. This only works if all the respondents just answer 1 of the 3 open text questions

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi, I don't know if there is a setting on the widget that prevents this, however you can Work with survey flow logic, creating a different branch when each one of the open text responses is answered and then on each branch adding an embeded data field populated with the open text response. The embeded data field should have the same name on the 3 branches so you can integrate the responses on a single field. This only works if all the respondents just answer 1 of the 3 open text questions

Hi Ana, this helped me as well, thank you!

Question for all, I’ve been trying to make the empty field displayed as blank in the ticker (no text at all).  I tried inserting the field’s piped text (empty) in the branch, and inserting a space, but I had no luck. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Cristian

Leave a Reply