Waiting Room to Automatically Redirect a Certain Amount of Users | XM Community
Question

Waiting Room to Automatically Redirect a Certain Amount of Users

• 22 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I want to realize a pre-survey and waiting room in Qualtrics, to take users from Prolific and redirect them to our external discussion forum developed by us. Users from Prolific will enter the Qualtric survey, answer questions, and then enter the waiting room block, and the waiting room block will automatically redirect them to the external discussion room.

The waiting room should automatically redirect Prolific users to the once there are 5 users in the waiting room in 2 minutes. If there are less than 5 workers in the waiting room in 2 minutes, the survey ends.

I plan to create a waiting room server to communicate with Prolific API and check user counts, and the Qualtrics client code will extract the user IDs and study IDs and send to the waiting room server via HTTP request. However, this is time-consuming. I am wondering if there are any templates or easy ways to realize the waiting room?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

As far as I am aware there are no pre-built solutions for this.

But please drop a line here if you come across one.

Thanks.

Badge +1

As far as I am aware there are no pre-built solutions for this.

But please drop a line here if you come across one.

Thanks.

Ok😂 I also feel it’s impossible for Qualtrics survey to check how many users in the waiting room, but if I find one, I will reply here

Leave a Reply