Converting Private Dashboard Pages to Public View | XM Community
Solved

Converting Private Dashboard Pages to Public View

• 28 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Finding that a dashboard page originally created in Private mode is now something that would be helpful for others to use too.

Currently there is no way to convert a Private page to a Public View page - it has to be rebuilt. Seems like there could be a toggle switch or some way to copy it to a public view page vs. having to rebuild from scratch.

icon

Best answer by ScottG 4 August 2023, 01:27

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@CindyEssex If you haven't already, I’d recommend posting this in on Evolve, our new product ideation program. 😁 If you’re not sure how to post your idea, check out our Product Ideation Overview and our Create an Idea post.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@CindyEssex this is now something that can be done as of about 2months ago.  Assuming your dashboard view is the new layout, select the 3 dots next to your private copy within the dashboard page list menu and select ‘copy’, not create private copy. By selecting the regular copy option, your private page will be copied into a regular page others can see.  

If your layout is the older one, I assume you can still do this - just can’t recall exactly where it would appear.  I assume it would be under page options button on top right.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@CindyEssex this is now something that can be done as of about 2months ago.  Assuming your dashboard view is the new layout, select the 3 dots next to your private copy within the dashboard page list menu and select ‘copy’, not create private copy. By selecting the regular copy option, your private page will be copied into a regular page others can see.  

If your layout is the older one, I assume you can still do this - just can’t recall exactly where it would appear.  I assume it would be under page options button on top right.

YOU ARE AWESOME! Even tech support said the only fix was to rebuild it - thanks so much for sharing!

I tested it using the new layout and BINGO! it worked, even though I created in the “old layout” – YAY!

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

YOU ARE AWESOME! Even tech support said the only fix was to rebuild it - thanks so much for sharing!

I tested it using the new layout and BINGO! it worked, even though I created in the “old layout” – YAY!

@CindyEssex Glad to help! If you can please mark this as answered, it will help others looking for it.  

Badge

Thank goodness someone else had this question. I don’t see the three dots on the page list so assuming it’s the older layout.

When I select page options this is all I get. Any chance I can get a screenshot of the right place to look?

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@ericleebein I can confirm based on your screenshot that is the original dashboard layout, no the upgraded layout. 

Worth talking to your brand admin (if your not one) to enable it, otherwise it should appear underneath your filters at top of your dashboard something like ‘do you wish to enable the new dashboard layout switch now’.  Clicking that will toggle on/off the new layout.  If this option isn’t showing then I’d check with Support to see if this enabled on your account.

Unfortunately my company prevents us from uploading any files to 3rd party sites which prevents me from even pasting screenshots.  However you may see what the new layout looks like here New Dashboards Experience (qualtrics.com)

Badge

@ericleebein I can confirm based on your screenshot that is the original dashboard layout, no the upgraded layout. 

Worth talking to your brand admin (if your not one) to enable it, otherwise it should appear underneath your filters at top of your dashboard something like ‘do you wish to enable the new dashboard layout switch now’.  Clicking that will toggle on/off the new layout.  If this option isn’t showing then I’d check with Support to see if this enabled on your account.

Unfortunately my company prevents us from uploading any files to 3rd party sites which prevents me from even pasting screenshots.  However you may see what the new layout looks like here New Dashboards Experience (qualtrics.com)

Thank you so much! That was easy to miss. Looks like I could switch back and forth with no issue. Really appreciate you taking the time to lay this out.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Thank you so much! That was easy to miss. Looks like I could switch back and forth with no issue. Really appreciate you taking the time to lay this out.  

@ericleebein Glad it helped :)

Leave a Reply