Dev, QA, and production environment in Qualtrics??? | XM Community
Solved

Dev, QA, and production environment in Qualtrics???

• 15 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +52

Hey there! So, my tech team's asking me to test out integrations with Qualtrics on our employee systems like Success Factors. They're saying I need a Dev, QA, and production environment in Qualtrics. How do you guys handle this? Is it possible to have these environments on an EX license? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by chackbusch 26 February 2024, 23:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

No dev/QA environment here.

We usually just create copies of surveys and work flows for development and then repeat those changes to the production ones. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey @IsabelPosada_Voce

Qualtrics does only come with one tenant. There are no separate applications for different systems. Furthermore, there is also only one employee directory which usually holds all contact data as we are talking about the SuccessFactors integration. 

Our integrations usually post all SuccessFactors data (independant of the source system) in the same employee directory in Qualtrics. However, in order to avoid conflicts, we always make sure to have the information about the system. This means: 

• If the unique identifier can be the same for a test and productive contact, we prefer to use prefixes for the unique identifier (e.g. DEV_<Employee ID>).
  • In addition, we always set a metadata field like “System” to DEV or TEST or PROD. This allows us to e.g. only import directory contacts from the dev system to a test survey. If we then go live with a survey, of course, we make sure to filter for only productive contacts.

Hope this helps.

Best
Christian

Leave a Reply