Hiring Manager Survey | XM Community
Question

Hiring Manager Survey

• 7 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Goal: Allow hiring managers to complete a lifecycle survey multiple times for different requisitions.

Case: We have the employee directory built, but will be adding in a second automation to pull in Talent Acquisition data. At the end of each month hiring managers will be asked to complete a survey reporting on the requisitions they had closed. 

I’m aware of the multiple response functionality in lifecycle surveys and understand that it could be set to trigger when the requisition number changes, but how could we set this up to account for managers who may have had multiple requisitions in month?

We are avoiding the generic link as we want to tie their metadata and not ask the manager to remember and enter the details of the requisition number, job title, etc. 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

If this is in relation to an employee onboarding survey setup, do you have a separate lifecycle survey for the hiring managers? This is completely unproven brainstorming, but have you explored the possibilities with concatenating requisition IDs into a single field, checking if you could run an embedded data element in the survey flow to capture and strip requisition IDs off that field, pair it with an “Upate person trigger” (in the Survey Tools), and utilize a survey redirect at the end if Req ID values are still present so that they can loop and retake the survey? I’m not confident all these components are possible, but if I were to explore it, that’d be the first route I’d take.

Alternatively, do you have access to CX surveys and the XM Directory - Full (see the first FAQ for signals on whether you have Full vs. Lite)? I’m asking about this aspect because if you do have CX Surveys and XM Directory - Full, you might find the setup a little easier. With Contacts, you could make a unique identifier that combines the Manager ID and the Requisition ID, then deduplicate records off of that, and automate distributions to each unique record. That way, you could send as many surveys to each manager as they had requisitions.

For the record, I’ve dealt in Employee Experience WAY more than CX and Contacts, so I’m definitely more inclined to figure things out on EX, but the CX approach logistically appears far more simple.

Leave a Reply