Unable to add a user to a project | XM Community
Skip to main content
Question

Unable to add a user to a project

I have created a new user - brand administrator account - and am trying to add them to a project (Employee Lifecycle) as a participant. I have confirmed that the account I created is valid, active, exists, etc. - when I search to add it manually - it doesn’t appear.  

No matter what I do, I cannot locate the account to add it to any of our active projects.  The user needs to be able to be added to a specific project as a participant, then roles changed so they can view certain dashboards for the project.

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong.  I have never had this issue in the past, administer accounts for our organization and have never had an issue.  I have searched through countless articles and feel like I’ve exhausted every option I know to try.

Thank you in advance.

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @DMartin1230 

can you see, in Admin → users; if the account you look for is: enabled? 

When i put a account on disabled i cant find that account to join a project.

Badge +1

@RickB - Thank you for the response.  I just checked again and the account is enabled.  I’ve tried to add the account to a project manually by looking up the name or the email associated with the account and the account cannot be located.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @DMartin1230

when you click on the user is the collaborate projects on? 

Badge +1

@RickB - it is.  Here is a screen grab of the settings. Maybe I am missing something.  I’ve looked over it a million times and for the life of me I cannot figure it out.  Sorry for all the photos and I truly appreciate the response and assistance.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @DMartin1230 
it seems all good. 
did you check the settings on the grouptype? 

Badge +1

@RickB - I am not seeing that option.  I’ve checked all the tabs. (General, Survey Platform, etc..) and my settings go from “Collaborate Projects to Allow Java Script”

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @DMartin1230 

• go to admin
  • then to group
  • search the group
  • next to the group is group type click on that
Badge +1

@RickB 
The user isn’t in a group type. Neither am I or any of the brand administrator accounts.

The account was created as a brand administrator account, which we currently have several of,  none of them are linked/placed into any group types, and we have never had issues with this type of account before as far as adding them to projects. It is just this one account and none of us that use Qualtrics can determine the issue.  

At the point where I am thinking I should just delete the account and start from scratch but I’ve read that you cannot reuse the email addresses as usernames when reading this article: Creating & Managing Users (qualtrics.com)

Either that or we will need to call our account manager - at this point I’m a really unsure what to try.

I appreciate the responses and assistance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Have you used Qualtrics Help yet?  I’ve had rare one-off situations with emails/accounts that no matter what edits I would have done, I would not have been able to get through it on my own, but Qualtrics was able to make an edit on the backend for me.  It is very rare with our accounts, but it has happened.

Badge +1

@MeganZich I have not but I would absolutely love to. I am at my wits end with this situation and am open to any suggestions. I’ve been scroll through community posts and reading the Qualtrics help articles. Is there a link or an email to contact Qualtrics Help directly?

Thank you for the suggestion and response!

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Qualtrics Support

Then you can continue to follow the prompts.  You can either call/email/or do a live chat for assistance.  They are SO helpful!

Leave a Reply