Can I display embedded data in results, rather than the code? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have a survey that we use for commencement ceremonies. When a student is eligible to walk with more than one major, they can choose which major they wish to walk in, which gets pulled into a drop-down multiple choice question as embedded data.

When I generate the report, however, the result displays as the embedded data code, instead of the text of their selection. Is there any workaround for this?

@schewelbc Did you state the embedded data to save it? That’s the key question. Also, where did you get the embedded data? From another question or from the contact list?

Thank you,

The embedded data comes from the contact fields. I’ll share a few screenshots. Please note that this is not final, and the reason we asked them to paste their selection is because it was a (flawed) workaround in case we cannot achieve what we’re trying to do:

Embedded Data
Survey Question
Fourth Column is how the answers are being displayed

@schewelbc Great, if the survey is complete you can still export the data out and use some excel function to handle the result.

If it haven’t start yet, you can set a embedded data to record the answer of this question. e.g walk = ${e://Field/Major%201} (make some branch in survey flow to set embedded data if Q3=…..., that the easiest way)

@dxconnamnguyen Thank you for your response.

The survey has not been sent out except for testing. I don’t quite follow your second paragraph. If it’s not too much trouble, could you explain a bit further how I do this.

I really appreciate it.

/EDIT]: What I did below works! Not sure if it’s the most elegant solution, but it does what we need it to. Thanks again!

Edit:

Does this look right:

@dxconnamnguyen Thank you for your response.

The survey has not been sent out except for testing. I don’t quite follow your second paragraph. If it’s not too much trouble, could you explain a bit further how I do this.

I really appreciate it.

Edit:

Does this look right:

That’s absolutely correct 👍. Test it out and let me know

@schewelbc Glad to know it worked. A bit bulky but easiest to do 😁

Leave a Reply