Display logic based on external file | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi
I am new to the Qualtrics Survey Plattform. I thus hope this is not an obvious question.

I would like to suppress a certain question in Qualtrics for some respondents (display-logic). This question asks for information that we already have from certain participants. The question should therefore only be displayed to those from whom we do not yet have the information. We have a file (csv, xlsx) that lists for each unique participant ID whether we already have the information or not.
Is it possible to upload this file to Qualtrics? Is there a way to then make Qualtrics search this file for the ID of the current participant and then decide whether to display the question (0) or not (1) based on the value stored (1=we already have the information, 0=we don't have the information yet)?
Would it be possible to implement such a "look-up” function natively? Or do you need custom javascript for that? Or is that not possible at all?

I would appreciate an answer

Yes, you can use supplemental data and create a blank survey with the data already exported and use that to supplement it in your primary data. Here’s the link (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/standard-content/autocomplete-questions-supplemental-data/)

You can also use authenticator and create an embedded field to check for your value from the file for every user.

Leave a Reply