How to keep track of dyad responses for 2 surveys | XM Community
Solved

How to keep track of dyad responses for 2 surveys

• 16 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am doing a study with predetermined dyads (the individual who qualifies for the study and a significant other of theirs they recruit as well), who will each take separate Qualtrics surveys. Each person, i.e. the individual and sig other, will email me to enroll in the study, and once they both people in the dyad email me, I will send them their respective survey link for Qualtrics. How should I go about keeping track of the survey data so I know which survey responses should go together for the dyad? Is there anyway I can make multiple custom links for each survey, so for example, send out a link that identifies they are from Dyad 1 so I know what 2 survey responses to link together? 

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 17 April 2024, 11:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You can do it in two ways.

One option is where you provide one unique id to the entire group. Let’s call it GroupID. After they both register, you provide them with a group Id, for example 7. Then in each of the survey links you append the GroupID via querystring parameters. ...SURVEY-LINK?GroupID=7.

Add this GroupID variable to your survey flow and you can keep track of them as both responses will have GroupID as 7 in their data.

The other option is  keep track of the respondents at the backend and send the emails via Qualtrics. Since you already have their email ids, when you send the emails via Qualtrics, it records the email ids. So, you’ll have access to that data in your data.

Leave a Reply