Infinite Loop Issue in Survey Flow Logic | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have a question called Q5, and there are many questions that are related to Q5, either jump to Q5] or  go back to Q5] and I'm building the logic with the survey flow, 

You have some options that go back to Q5 in the subsequent questions

There are 8 blocks after Q5, and sometimes you have to go back to Q5 depending on what you select. and following blocks below, are displayed depends on answers at Q5.

A. B. If Q5=6] 
C. ]If Q5=7]
D. =IfQ5 = 5]

E. If Q5=8]
F.QIf Q5=9]

G.QIf Q5 = 3]
H.QIf Q5 = 4]

I've organized a grouping of questions labeled as Q5-Q51, which starts from Q5 and all subsequent blocks or questions following Q5. 

I duplicated group Q5-Q51 in order to make the logic related to Q5 happen whenever you reach to Q5 again.

However, I encounter an issue. Each time the duplicated  Q5-Q51 group is accessed, it prompts the addition of yet another Q5-Q51 group. This leads to an infinite loop of Q5 group duplication. Can you suggest an alternative approach to address this?

I need at least 10 loop.
I've tried to add up to 10, but it became way too heavy to load and save the survey flow.

I'd appreciate any help!

Check if you have a survey flow element called “Table of Contents”, you could use that to repeat a question multiple times. Otherwise, you would be better served with a JavaScript solution.

@ahmedA Thanks for the reply!

Where would “Table of contents” be?

I’m not familiar with JS :/

In the survey flow. When you click on “Add new element here” the box should contain a Table of Contents option.

@ahmedA I found it! What to add to Header?

Leave a Reply