Missing quota conditions | XM Community
Question

Missing quota conditions

• 22 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

During the full launch of our survey, we noticed that the quota conditions which were set for some gender and age groups disappeared during the survey.

We set quotas for 2 genders (male, female) and 4 age groups each (18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54). For three categories: female+25-34, female+35-44, female+45-54, the condition specifying that gender should be female did not appear in the quota. We reviewed all previous and published versions of the survey and the quotas were always set correctly. However, we noticed that in the published version, the female quota condition disappears and then reappears when the page is refreshed. This is even though all previous versions of the survey show the correct quotas, but for some reason the first version of the survey does not unless refreshed.

We cannot figure out why this is happening and we cannot field the survey until this is resolved.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

During the full launch of our survey, we noticed that the quota conditions which were set for some gender and age groups disappeared during the survey.

We set quotas for 2 genders (male, female) and 4 age groups each (18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54). For three categories: female+25-34, female+35-44, female+45-54, the condition specifying that gender should be female did not appear in the quota. We reviewed all previous and published versions of the survey and the quotas were always set correctly. However, we noticed that in the published version, the female quota condition disappears and then reappears when the page is refreshed. This is even though all previous versions of the survey show the correct quotas, but for some reason the first version of the survey does not unless refreshed.

We cannot figure out why this is happening and we cannot field the survey until this is resolved.

@confusedsurveyor  It might have happened that the survey was opened in more than one system  at a time and one or more people were accessing it so any minute change you have made is not saved or have resulted in disappearance of quota for female. Try to clear cache and cookies and make sure the survey is opened in only one system , try  to check quota after that. Hope it helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@confusedsurveyor  It might have happened that the survey was opened in more than one system  at a time and one or more people were accessing it so any minute change you have made is not saved or have resulted in disappearance of quota for female. Try to clear cache and cookies and make sure the survey is opened in only one system , try  to check quota after that. Hope it helps.

Unfortunately, I do not think this is the case because no one else other than me worked on the survey and published it. This also only happened during the launch of the survey when no one was working on it - it was only being fielded to respondents.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @confusedsurveyor ,

I heard about this issue few months ago from a colleague. Tried everything but the issue was still there. He did some hit and try and got the solution by deleting all the quotas, then downloading and re uploading the .qsf file, then again applying the quotas. Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

PD

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @confusedsurveyor ,

I heard about this issue few months ago from a colleague. Tried everything but the issue was still there. He did some hit and try and got the solution by deleting all the quotas, then downloading and re uploading the .qsf file, then again applying the quotas. Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

PD

We have already collected just under half of all responses so far. This issue exists across 10 exactly similar surveys we have (some of which have translations as well), so we cannot delete and re-upload the .qsf file for all of these surveys. I will do a test with a draft survey to see if it makes a difference but I’m afraid we probably cannot do this for everything. Nevertheless, I appreciate the help!

Leave a Reply