Not seeing names or email addresses in surveys distributed/completed via contact list | XM Community
Skip to main content

I created a contact list with first names and email addresses. I used email distributions to distribute a survey to people on this contact list. However, when I download a CSV of the survey responses, "recipient first name" and "recipient email" are just asterisks. So I don't have any way of identifying who the people are that completed the survey. The only unique identifier that I see in the CSV download is "response ID," which is a unique string of characters for each respondent that starts with "R".
So, my question is, is there some setting I need to turn on to identify my respondents via name/email in the CSV? And if not, is there a way to use the "response ID" to identify respondents?

Thanks for your help,
Bradley
qualtrics responses.png

hi brad7280
It looks like "View Restricted Data" is disabled for your account, when it is disabled these fields will be replaced with asterisks in the Data & Analysis tab and will be unavailable in any data export.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/sp-administration/managing-users/user-permissions/

Or you have "Anonymize Responses" checked in survey options.

Thank you PraDeepKotian_Ugam. I imagine that must be the issue. I have reached out to my administrator to see if they can enable "view restricted data." Hopefully getting that turned off retroactively will still allow me to see the data I need.
Thanks also for the tip about "Anonymize Responses" TomG , I checked and that setting is not turned on so that is not the issue.

Leave a Reply