Question about exit button on the consent page | XM Community
Question

Question about exit button on the consent page

• 23 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I have a question about my survey. I have a consent page and I want to create an “exit survey” button at the end of the (first) consent page only. This button will direct those who took the survey to the thank you section I wrote at the end. I tried to use previous button but it appears some pages and it does not appear on the first page so it does not work. What can I do? 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @Onurk,

To create an ‘exit survey’ button at the end of the consent page, you can use the ‘End of Survey’ element in the Survey Flow. Follow below steps:

1. Open the Survey Flow.
  2. Add a new ‘Branch’ after your consent page.
  3. Set the conditions for this branch based on the response to the consent question (e.g. if the respondent chooses not to give consent).
  4. Indented under this branch, add an ‘End of Survey’ element.
  5. Click ‘Customize’ and select the ‘Override Survey Options’ checkbox.
  6. Change the end of survey message from ‘Default’ to ‘Custom’ and write your thank you message.
  7. Click ‘OK’ and move the ‘End of Survey’ element to where you need it (be sure it is within the correct branch for your logic!).

This will create a custom ending for respondents who choose to exit the survey at the consent page, and they will be directed to your custom thank you message.

For more information on how to set it up, refer the link: Link

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

Hello @Onurk,

To create an ‘exit survey’ button at the end of the consent page, you can use the ‘End of Survey’ element in the Survey Flow. Follow below steps:

1. Open the Survey Flow.
  2. Add a new ‘Branch’ after your consent page.
  3. Set the conditions for this branch based on the response to the consent question (e.g. if the respondent chooses not to give consent).
  4. Indented under this branch, add an ‘End of Survey’ element.
  5. Click ‘Customize’ and select the ‘Override Survey Options’ checkbox.
  6. Change the end of survey message from ‘Default’ to ‘Custom’ and write your thank you message.
  7. Click ‘OK’ and move the ‘End of Survey’ element to where you need it (be sure it is within the correct branch for your logic!).

This will create a custom ending for respondents who choose to exit the survey at the consent page, and they will be directed to your custom thank you message.

For more information on how to set it up, refer the link: Link

Let me know if this helps.

Hi @Sachin Nandikol thank a lot for your reply. Unfortunately there is no such a selection to “not admit” the consent. I have a consent page mentioning the project and consent and I want to put a button for “do not accept the consent” but I could not do it. I need help for that first. And after that, this button should direct those who took the survey to the thank you section I wrote at the end. I am adding a picture of what I have maybe it will give you a better overview.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Onurk ,

An alternative is asking the respondents to answer it as a question and skipping to end of survey when the choice (no) is selected.

You can try to change the question type from Text/Graphic to Multiple-Choice.

Then, set 2 options, yes & no.

Set a skip logic for this question. When option (no) is selected, skip to end of survey.

More information about skip logic can be found here: Skip Logic (qualtrics.com) 

Leave a Reply