Table cell selection | XM Community
Solved

Table cell selection

• 9 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,
I would like to create a "table question", in which the participant has to select one of several options by clicking on a cell (the "option" cells in the image below). Do you have any suggestions on how to do that? Thanks!

Cattura.PNG

icon

Best answer by CamM 11 November 2021, 11:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi Gio_blu, I have some clarifying questions that might help me - or someone else - to better answer your query...
Are you essentially trying to design a "Matrix Table" style question where the respondent can select values akin to the screenshot below?
image.pngAssuming this is correct, then am I right in saying that the main difference here is that your selectable options all have differing pre-set values (i.e. per the table in your post) and that the challenge you're trying to overcome is that you can't have different choice values per option?
Cheers,
Cameron

Badge

Ehy CamM, thank you for your prompt answer!
I guess you got the bug!
I can use a 'matrix table'-like question, but I need to add fixed values in each cell instead of the selectable points, so the participant can select the preferred row (clicking on the row name, e.g.), considering the corresponding values. Like a matrix table with the Text Entry variation, but with the cell values inserted by me and the row name as the selectable option!
By now I just add an image of my table and a multiple answers question below.
I thought that a possible solution could have been to combine a table with some JS + HTML coding, but the simpler I can sort it out, the better!

Tx, Giovanni

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi Gio_blu, thanks for your reply. It sounds like you're after simplicity if possible, so I have an alternative option for your consideration -:
image.pngIt's essentially a Multiple Choice question with a bit of rich text formatting of the choice labels. Obviously the formatting could do with some tidying up, but this would give you the table-style appearance (for visual consistency), allowing your respondents to select the "option row" and maintaining the integrity of out of the box reporting.
Cheers,
Cameron

Badge

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/41784#Comment_41784It sounds good, thanks CamM !

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

No problems at all Gio_blu! 😊
Don't forget to mark the question as answered if your problem is resolved as that will help others researching similar issues in the future.
Cheers,
Cameron

Leave a Reply