Update Start, End and Recorded date of an existing survey response | XM Community
Solved

Update Start, End and Recorded date of an existing survey response

• 3 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi,

There is a scenario where in I need to update survey metadata of an existing survey response. The fields that need to be updated are start, end and response date. The documentation states it cannot be changed. As the customer has provided feedback for previous quarter today, it is reflecting in this quarter in dashboard. Kindly suggest any way to change the dates. Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Rishabh_Singh05 3 October 2023, 09:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Neha,

There is no way for us to change these dates in Qualtrics as these are created by the system. There are however ways to create embedded data that can be used for dashboarding.

1. Create a Embedded Data called Quarter and assign the value for the previous quarter. You can also use JavaScript to automatically assign the value for the previous quarter. You can refer this page to get more information. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9840512/get-dates-for-last-quarter-and-this-quarter-through-javascript.
  2. If this date can be added directly as a part of the file it would be easier to do compared to the above option. You can add a date embedded data as survey sent date or a quarter embedded data.

Please let me know if this works or if you have any other questions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

Hi Neha,

Start & End date are modifiable by simply updating the data via manually updating or import the data with modified dates.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Our dashboarding is based on Recorded date and so I was looking for way to update this date. Is there any API that can update the Recorded date ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

I would always suggest/recommend using End date in the dashboard since Recorded date gets updated if ran a process to update data in critical situations. Also End date is usually the date when survey is completed whereas Recorded is the date when response is recorded. Incas of partial response, recorded date & end date will be different.

I still suggest changing to End date for dashboard.

Leave a Reply