Emails NOT being sent | XM Community
Solved

Emails NOT being sent

• 19 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello
For some reason that I cannot figure out or determine a pattern as to why emails are not being sent everytime.
I go to "Distribution", then "Emails", then "Compose Email".
I select my valid email address via a saved contact list. I select send it "now".
Sometimes I get the email notification with the survey and some times I do not. This has been going on for a few months.
The issue is occurring when I use other employees emails as well.
I have attached a picture that shows me using the same contact (emails) on the same day, it worked one time but then it did not two other times on the same day.
I would appreciate any help, thank you.
2021-02-19_10-17-48.jpg

icon

Best answer by SeanS 2 March 2021, 22:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you try to send the same project to the same email twice, it will block. If you download the distribution, it will say "skipped".

Navigate over to the Directory, then Directory Settings. The first page you land on, "Contact Frequency" will allow you to set a new custom rule to allow multiple emails to the same contact on that project.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello I go to Directory however I see no Directory settings?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Does anyone know where to locate the directory settings. I can locate the directory but I see no settings or contact frequency. Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi RyanBrickman, there is another community post that answers your question here: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/11/getting-around-duplicate-email-setting
What Kate was referring to is if you have XM Directory enabled. From your screenshot, it looks like you are still using contacts opposed to directories, which is why you can't find contact frequency rules.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

SeanS thanks, this link is helpful however I still need help.
It talks about changing the time stamp or some variable to make it a different email which is a work around to send an email survey to the same person twice within one day. What "timestamp" is this referring to?

Leave a Reply