Follow-on question with dynamic number of text fields, based on prior text field | XM Community
Solved

Follow-on question with dynamic number of text fields, based on prior text field

• 11 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,
So, I've got a survey where the first question is 'How many languages do you know?' -- numeric text field. Based on the number they enter, they want a follow-on question listing each language and level of proficiency (side by side question).
1) Is there a way to take the answer from a prior Text Entry and use that to create a set number of text fields in a follow-on question?
2) If I need to create a drop down asking them to select the number of languages -- can I make it so that if they select answer 'C' (C=3 languages) that the follow-on question automatically creates 3 text fields to itemize/detail the specifics.

Can this be done??

icon

Best answer by ana_velez 11 June 2020, 20:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Hi!!
What i would recommend is using loop and merge so you can tie each language to their follow up questions
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/block-options/loop-and-merge/

However you can also use display logic in a form text enter question and show the first option if 1 to 3 are selected, show the second option if 2 to 3 are selected and the 3 or last one only if the maximum number of languages is selected

Leave a Reply