How to track response time per question if questions are in the same block? Can JS do the job? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hello!

I am working on some surveys and wanted to use the timing future because at the end of the day we want to see how long it took for each respondent to answer each question. To do this I had my questions separated into blocks. However, my supervisor would like to have all 33 questions in one single block. I mentioned to her that I was not sure how to do that given that the timing future can let know when the first and last questions were answered.

Thus, I find myself reaching out to see if anyone would be able to help me? I heard JavaScript may be able to do the job. We would like to know how long it takes to answer each of the 33 question individually (given that they will be in the same block).

Thank you!
You don't necessarily need JavaScript. You can put all your questions in one block, add a timing question after each question, and a page break after each timing question.
Hello Tom,

Thank you for your reply.

If I add the page break, would that mean that for each question I would need to click the "Next" button? If so, this would place me at square one (where I added each question on a separate block). My supervisor would like to have all the questions visible on one page since we will be assessing children and she suggest it would reduce time of having to constantly pushing a "Back" or "Next" button on the bottom the page.
> @NM_Morales said:

> Hello Tom,

>

> Thank you for your reply.

> If I add the page break, would that mean that for each question I would need to click the "Next" button? If so, this would place me at square one (where I added each question on a separate block). My supervisor would like to have all the questions visible on one page since we will be assessing children and she suggest it would reduce time of having to constantly pushing a "Back" or "Next" button on the bottom the page.

A block and a page are two different things. It would have helped if you said "one page" in your initial post. If all the questions are on one page, there really isn't an accurate way to tell how much people spend on each question. They could skip around, revisit questions and change answers, or read all the questions before answering any.

Leave a Reply