Automation to collaborate projects | XM Community

Automation to collaborate projects

• 26 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

• Current Problem: We have two people working together on projects. However, every time one creates a project needs to collaborate with the other person. Meaning they would both benefit from an automation process.

• Current Solution (if applicable): None. Just collaborate when a project is created

• Possible Solution: Create an automation for this purpose. Somehow the users could have their own automation as for example, "if [userY] creates a project, collaborate with [userX]"

• Purpose / Use Case: Save this extra step from having to happen every single time. Is just a nice to have improvement for the UX

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

CGomes
Unfortunately that isn't possible OOTB in Qualtrics. Some custom engineering solution could be done but you will have to consult with engineering services team.
On second thoughts if everything is to be collaborated why cannot the two users use the same account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

We have the same "issue" but solved it by setting up a "Super user" under which we create all the projects. Issue then is that I need to log in as this shared user each time, but that's not much of a hassle.
All the best
-Mattias

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks Deepak & MattiasM for your comments.
The option to create a unique user is still under discussion, as it would make total sense from our POV.
My only question is, could these two people be editing the same survey at the same time having only one account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/51301#Comment_51301Hello again!
Yes I agree. It would be super helpful if all users under a certain brand could see all projects created. However, I can also see the benefit of hiding projects for users that are perhaps should not have full access. Our setup is simply a workaround for the current restraints.
And yes, two users can edit the same project at the same time. I wouldn't recommend it though, but it's totally doable. I tried it with a collogue to see how far it would run before we saw issues, and there were some update issues. I couldn't for example not see his changes in real time, and had to reload the page for them appear.
Overall it works as we have ownership over different projects.
All the best
-Mattias

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Yes, you can edit at the same time. But on editing at the same time you will not see the changes and the one who publishes on one end would override all the changes on others end.
Hence a service account or super user is recommended and an internal communication of who is editing when would help you.
Hope it helps!
P. S.; You have tagged wrong person in the comment
https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/51301#Comment_51301

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,
That's good news. Sounds like a great workaround. I'll test and try also on our side and if works brilliant problem "solved".
Thanks again MattiasM !
Best,
Catia Gomes

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks Deepak ! Now sorted 😅
I'll pass on the information and ensure communication is key for this to work.
Best,
Catia Gomes

Leave a Reply