Display an exit intent intercept only if user didn't interact with the always on tab | XM Community
Solved

Display an exit intent intercept only if user didn't interact with the always on tab

• 31 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello,

I have 2 intercepts that target the same survey build, one is configured as an Exit Intent pop up intercept and the other one as a passive Always On intercept present throughout our website.

We’d like to make sure the user interacts with the survey only once per visit. I’ve been playing around with the browser cookies options and the targeting logics, but I can’t make it work.

Does anybody know if what we are trying to do is actually possible? And if so, how can I configure this kind of setup?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,

Daniel

icon

Best answer by Deepak 31 October 2023, 20:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@dduarte 

Have you tried including survey taken condition?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If you check this box that says broswer cookie, I believe it is supposed to not display more than once within the designated time frame selected. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@dduarte

Have you tried including survey taken condition?

Thanks @Deepak, this worked for me!

Only caveat here for those wo want to try something similar is that this use case won’t work if the user remains within the same URL, as it needs to change so that the Qualtrics code can run again and update the cookie that lets the system know the user has already taken the survey within the same session.

In other words, if the user remains on the same webpage throughout the whole session, this logic won’t work by itself, you’ll need to include additional conditions for the passive intercept to display, e.g. page visit count > 1 and/or do not display on landing page.

Leave a Reply