• 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10
  • QPN Level 2 ●●
  • 75 replies

Hi there,

I would like to make a calculation like :

$e{ e://Field/ED1 + e://Field/ED2 }

in a workflow with embedded data in a XM Directory Task. It’s totally work with numbers or embedded data… But it doesn’t work when I use the result of a previous task with this kind of field : ~{ch://OCAC_12LRav8yM7Rahg0/kpi2}

Is there anyone who success on a calculation like that ? I tried everything :

• {ch://OCAC_12LRav8yM7Rahg0/kpi2}
  • ch://OCAC_12LRav8yM7Rahg0/kpi2
  • ~{ch://OCAC_12LRav8yM7Rahg0/kpi2}

nothing work 😥

Tks

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Is it that the formula isn’t working?  Try $e{ ( e://Field/ED1 + e://Field/ED2 ) }

If it’s that you cannot do this with directory tasks at all, could you set up a workflow to upload new directory data to a data set, create a formula field with the field editor, and set that to update the directory for that field?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi Emily,

This kind of calculation works perfectly with a directory tasks, but apparently only with embedded data fields.

I would like to remplace embedded data by fields coming from a previous task like:

$e{ ~{ch://OCAC_12LRav8yM7Rahg0/kpi1} + ~{ch://OCAC_12LRav8yM7Rahg0/kpi2} }

But this way doesn’t work...

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Gotcha.  I think it may be best to reach out to our TAM if you have one or to the phone support team to get a better picture of what can and cannot be done with those fields.  I often find myself encountering challenges with how data can and cannot be processed (like scores cannot be used in a formula in data & analysis field creator).  

Leave a Reply