Conditioal Text in Email Task / Condensing Email Tasks Based on Answers? | XM Community
Solved

Conditioal Text in Email Task / Condensing Email Tasks Based on Answers?

• 31 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey there. I am trying to set up a survey where users can indicate their interest in joining specific programs (let's say programs A, B, and C) and get an email in response that offers them the link(s) to the corresponding program(s). I can set up individual email tasks for when A, B, or C is selected, but I'd like to prevent the user from getting a separate email for each thing they selected. I am unsure how to do this besides making a different email trigger for every permutation of the selected answers (AB, BC, ABC) and that's not really possible with the number of programs offered. I could also just send a single email with all possible links, but that defeats the point of the form. Is there a way to tell Qualtrics to combine multiple email tasks into one if they're all going to the same person, or can you implement conditional text in an email that will only show up if certain options are selected?
Thanks!

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 1 September 2021, 19:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I hate to be the one to say it doesn't work like that, but Workflows aren't really designed to work that way. The only solution I see in the existing configuration, which you've considered but ruled out, is to create a separate Workflow for each possible combination of answers.

Badge

MatthewM hey, thanks for letting me know! It's better to understand it just doesn't work than to try and find an answer that doesn't exist. I appreciate it!

Leave a Reply