Deleted response data has unexpectedly been restored and email triggers were also fired | XM Community

Deleted response data has unexpectedly been restored and email triggers were also fired

• 12 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi all,
One of our users has had some unwanted responses restored that were deleted months ago. In addition, workflow emails associated with the completion of the form were also resent.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks,
John

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

Hi John,
In my experience as a CX Practitioner, and as a consultant for Qualtrics clients as a third party certified partner, my first response to this would be to see if someone accidentally uploaded responses to the platform with the associated workflows turned on. If this occurred, it would explain why the unwanted responses were restored, and why the workflow emails were triggered. To me this looks like a user error and not a platform error, but I could be wrong. If I were you, I would look at recent uploads.

• Does it look like someone recently uploaded responses to a survey, or a copy of the survey?

• Were there workflows that were active when this occurred?

• How many people have access to perform this action?

• Could it be that some additional training is needed for Qualtrics users at the company?

These are the things I would be looking for. I hope this is helpful.
Thomas

Badge +3

Hi Thomas,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your insights. I'm going to followup with the user to determine if any uploads have occurred as what you have mentioned makes a lot of sense. In regards to upload history where in Qualtrics is this information found? I know how to find version history but upload history seems harder to find.
Thanks!
John

Leave a Reply