Email task (ticket event) won't send multiple (test) emails unless email subject changed each time | XM Community

Email task (ticket event) won't send multiple (test) emails unless email subject changed each time

• 8 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,
I've just setup a workflow using a ticket event (status change) with an email task on a survey. I'm testing the workflow using one ticket and just changing the status each time. However I found that an email would only be sent if after the first time of receiving the email, I change the subject text in the workflow (eg add one character). And then the next time, I'd have to change it again. This sounds bizarre!
My normal work around for this is (eg. in automated survey email invites) I place a time stamp at the bottom of the email and I don't have to change the subject line, but in this case (for a ticket event email task) it seems that you have to change the subject line physically as not even placing a timestamp (eg. using: ${date://CurrentTime/MS}) works.

What is more annoying is that there are no failures in the email task history so I'm always left wondering if it has worked or not.

Can anyone advise on this as I need to keep the subject line static but want to be able to ensure that whilst I'm testing I receive all the emails.

Thanks

Rod Pestell

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I think the design here is to avoid us users from spamming people with the platform.
I have seen this behavior too and it is frustrating. However, I'm fairly confident something can change in the email body and it doesn't have to be in the subject line. I think you could test it out to be safe. You could make the body text white to hide it temporarily. Although, I wouldn't leave it like that given it may increase hits on spam filters.
Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi altatunc,
Thanks for the reply. I have tested the email task many times now and the email body can stay the same but the subject has to change. Can you confirm that you've managed to create an email task (via a ticket event) which can be sent multiple times from the same ticket without changing the subject?
Once the system goes live, sending one email per ticket will be what is required but at the moment I'm needing to tweak the email message and piped text hence the need to send it multiple times.
Thanks

Rod Pestell

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

The email body worked for me several years ago, but it was triggered with a JSON event task. I imagine a different workflow task type might not work the same way. It may have also changed by now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

very true - It's been some time since I last tested it in a automated email invite. Would be good if the history of the tasks / email flagged this level of error.
Thanks anyway
Rod Pestell

Leave a Reply