Pulling Data from Multiple Surveys Into One | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am running an intervention of sorts, where participants fill out a "before" survey receiving a mark. They then take part in the intervention for three days, each day getting another mark. Finally, in the "after" survey, I am trying to have it that the marks for the before/day 1/2/3 surveys appear in it.

I managed to follow the instructions on the "pulling data into a second survey" Qualtrics page and successfully got the "before" survey data to appear in the "after" survey. However, after repeating the process with the "Day 1" survey, attempting to login to the "after" survey via Email-authenticator results in the following message: "Unable to log in with the information provided. (Duplicate panel member)".

Anyone have any advice on what to do next?

Hi there,
I'd recommend using the Distribute Survey Task in the Workflows. I like it better to link surveys within Qualtrics than getting anonymous links and LoginIDs involved:
XM Directory TaskIf using Individual Links, there is no real need for a Contact List Authenticator. Also, the scheduled email invitations to the 2nd survey can be viewed within the Distributions tab of the 2nd survey which is nice.
A Workflow from the 1st survey builds the Contact List for the 2nd survey and then sends out email invitations. Survey answers from the 1st survey can be saved as Embedded Data to this Contact List, like in the below:
DistributeSurvey_EmbeddingData.pngIf the Embedded Data fields are set at the top of the survey flow for the 2nd survey, these values can be displayed to the respondent anywhere in the survey. The above can also be repeated for each survey in the chain by configuring additional Workflows (each survey has a Workflow that will send out invitations to the subsequent survey)

Leave a Reply