Sending scheduled surveys to partcipants | XM Community

Sending scheduled surveys to partcipants

Badge +2

Hi,
I'm working on a longitudinal study where we want to send daily qualtrics surveys via SMS to participants. We anticipate that the responses we get will vary depending on time. As a result, we would like to capture people throughout the day and would like to send these surveys not at a set time every day but at different times day by day (ex; Monday at 9am, Tuesday at 5pm, Wednesday at 9pm etc...). Is this something that is doable on the base version of qualtrics or would it require either API or XM directory?

Thanks!

12 replies

Badge +30

Hello,

Please refer to the below link which will provide you with instructions on how you can schedule the SMS surveys accordingly for each day. You will be required to schedule the distribution for each day separately.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/employee-experience/creating-ee-project/messages-tab/sms-distributions-ex/

Badge +2

Hi Aanurag_QC , thank you for your reply. Do you know if you can schedule SMS surveys for multiple days using the workflow function or an API instead of having to do it each day? Also, the link you provided goes over SMS distributions for Ex. Is this an additional paid function? I was not able to find the participants tab on my version of Qualtrics.
Thanks!

Badge +30

Are you working on EX or CX project?

If its EX, then you would need to schedule it within the Qualtrics project

If its CX then there are multiple ways to use API's.

Let me know which project type it is such that I can try and help you with the right set of details.

Thanks!

Badge +2

Aanurag_QC Are EX and CX different platforms? I should specify that the study is for academic purposes and we are recruiting people who are ill. I received the basic version of Qualtrics through my university. I have attached a screenshot of what my Qualtrics distribution page looks like if that is of any help.
Qualtrics.JPG

Badge +30

It seems like you're using a CX/ Core XM survey.

Anyways if you want to use API you can use the below link to get details of the API to use for SMS and how you can schedule them.
{"embed-error": true}Please note that sending SMS requires additional license purchase if its not already a part of it.

Please refer to the below documents for further details
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/mobile-distributions/sms-surveys/

Badge +2

Aanurag_QC I see, do you know what software is required to apply API? I have no programming experience but assume I need R for this?

Badge +30

you can make use of any simple python script. That should work well as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Mercurial
Have you already tried using multiple survey distribution automation for different days?
Hope it helps!

Badge +2

Hi Deepak, from my understanding the automation is only available with XM Directory which is a paid feature that I don't have access to. Is there any other way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Mercurial
Do you have access to API?

Badge +2

Deepak
Hi Deepak, I looked into it and seems like API is also a paid feature. Do you know if what we want to do can be custom programmed via API? If yes, I may reach out to sales to see pricing but wondering if there is a way to do schedule surveys at different times every day without it. I was looking into the work flow feature but doesn't seem to work for invites. Also, I was playing around with SMS distribution feature and it looks like it is limited to sending invites every 24 hours, otherwise it would be considered spam. So right now, it looks like we won't be able to send at 8pm one day and then 8am the next day. Is there a workaround on this for API as well?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Mercurial
Yes, it is! You can reach out to your brand admin if it's just the permission which is disabled for you or the license doesn't have it.
Yes there is a way to schedule it via API you can use create distribution API for email and run it within workflow at a specific time. For send date you can use "${date://CurrentDate/c}"
For SMS until the text is different you should be able to send it to same person within 24 hours. You can include date time for making it unique. You can use this API for sending SMS.
Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply